Still cannot download Quicken. Or maybe my problem is Installing.

the creator's answer was fairly helpful. However, I still cannot get the new version that I purchased, nor can I now open my current program. 2017. A message pops up to "let's get started", and the activation code is required. I cannot open anything that has already been backed up. No matter where on the website I go, I can't find a download button that allows me to download without an activation code. Even if a sentence pops up to click here if I purchased my software directly from Quicken, which I have, the "click here" doesn't work. I was also told to go to Support for my problems, but there is no one there! Sorry that this is a long question. Nevertheless, I hope it will get me advice. I need this program. Taxes are due.
Thank you.

Answers

• FDNY
    FDNY Member ✭✭
    Same with me. I called this morning @ 9:20 AM EST (Daylight Savings) and they say their office is closed; call back during "Business hours" >>>
  • staples47
    staples47 Member
    It's extremely annoying and frustrating. It seems I can get advice from the quicken community, but there are definitely some big problems with their software--ever since they left Intuit.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FDNY said:
    Same with me. I called this morning @ 9:20 AM EST (Daylight Savings) and they say their office is closed; call back during "Business hours" >>>

When trying to call Support please consider that "Business hours" are expressed in PDT (Pacific Daylight Savings Time)

• staples47
    staples47 Member
    I am aware that PST is three hours earlier than EST. I am still hoping for advice regarding my problem with downloading/installing Quicken and retrieving my original program. I have nothing.. It's gone.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @staples47

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details although I apologize that you are have been unable to successfully download Quicken.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your Quicken Account using the email associated with your Community account and see that you have an active subscription.

The download can be located by signing into your account at:

https://www.quicken.com/ 

There is a "Download Quicken" section under "Plan Details."

If you do not see this screen or it appears blank, please try to sign in to the account using a different browser.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • staples47
    staples47 Member
    Hello Tyka. Thank you for helping me. Seems crazy but all the good advice I got from you and others didn't work. I was able to get ahold of a person at Cust. Service, and it took a while to sort out and fix the problem, so I am finally back to doing taxes. The download of the new program has created another problem. It unreconciled all of my bank accounts from 2017. Many entries are missing as well. This is the second time this happened, last was when I upgraded from 2014 to 2017. It took me many hours to correct the accounts, and it will again. I will use this 2020 program until Quicken decides to "upgrade" it again, then, unfortumately, I will have to dump Quicken. When it was still owned by Intuit, there was never an iota of a problem. I thank you again for taking the time to offer help. Sharon