Emergency Recods Organizer

Year: 2020
Version: R26.14
Build: 27.1.26.14
After the latest update [shown above] the Emergency Records Organizer background is now a dark gray color that does not contrast with the black text color. I'm guessing that this is a bug, as the previous version background color was white. Anyone else experiencing this?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I suspect ERO is or will be going out just as Home Inventory and Bill Minder did. I would encourage you to print off or find another means of tracking this info as Quicken Inc. is reducing its footprint to just Quicken it appears.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what Quicken Inc's plans are for Emergency Records Organizer, is but several times when Quicken Inc has given any information on it they have clearly stated that is really old code that they can't "bring up to date".  So I would doubt that they changed anything in it.  Most likely you are seeing some kind of side effect from some new Windows patch or a Windows setting or something like that, or maybe some library was changed for Quicken that they both use.  I can almost guarantee Quicken Inc isn't going to "fix it".  And like @GeoffG said I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they remove it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jerry VanSlyke
    Jerry VanSlyke Member ✭✭
    Never had this issue before until the new update from Quicken yesterday. I did also update windows but I can roll that back to see if it makes the difference. Will try and then repost.

@ChrisQPW: "that is really old code that they can't "bring up to date""

We can send a vehicle to Mars but we don't have any code-monkeys smart enough to recode this, that is insane and pathetic if that is a real reason from Quicken.

@GeoffG: "Quicken Inc. is reducing its footprint to just Quicken it appears."

Don't understand why? I've been a Quicken user for I don't know how long, probably 30 years now, paid a lot of $$ over the years and now forced to pay monthly. Are there not enough of us end users that use features like ERO?

Maybe it's time to start looking at open source alternatives, I would hate to do that but maybe Quicken is getting too big for itself.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    We can send a vehicle to Mars but we don't have any code-monkeys smart enough to recode this, that is insane and pathetic if that is a real reason from Quicken.

I'm sure if people were willing to pay Quicken Inc the same amount NASA gets to rewrite it they would be happy to do it.

It has nothing to do with how smart anyone is. It is all about business.  As in what they think their customers want and will pay for.  Cost to return.

If you take a feature that they feel is "marginal", but is still easy to update, they will most likely keep updating it.  But when the code is really old and unmanageable because of all the changes that have happened over the years, and basically needs to total rewrite, they aren't going to do it.  That describes ERO to a tee.

Note they also just dropped Bill Minder.  Again it was clear that this was some very old code that most people didn't use, and it was certainly showing its age.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jerry VanSlyke
    Jerry VanSlyke Member ✭✭
    I’m not going to get into a tit-for-tat, but since you’ve offered your opinion, I will offer mine.

I’m not a code monkey but the Emergency Records Organizer from this end user’s perspective looks like nothing but a series of forms that the user simply enters text to. By no means am I saying it’s simple, but it shouldn’t take a rocket scientist either. My guess would be that some kid right out of high school or a senior computer science student could duplicate this using python or VBA.

Regarding what they think their customers want and will pay for. What good does it do for them to “think” what their customers want?

I’ve never seen a survey for us end users on what we want and would be willing to pay for have you?

I’m paying and have been paying for at least 30 years now, they should ask period. Take a simple survey on the likes, dislikes, wants, needs and gotta haves and then make a business decision.

If it requires a total re write then so be it, the customer has spoken, but don’t sit around in some office and try to “think” what a customer wants.

My guess is that this is a greed i$$ue.

As President and Chief Executive Officer at INTUIT INC, Sasan K. Goodarzi made $17,506,677 in total compensation. Of this total $910,769 was received as a salary, $1,387,563 was received as a bonus, $4,000,025 was received in stock options, $11,198,320 was awarded as stock and $10,000 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2019 fiscal year.
    President and Chief Executive Officer
    INTUIT INC
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that this is a greed i$$ue.

As President and Chief Executive Officer at INTUIT INC, Sasan K. Goodarzi made $17,506,677 in total compensation. Of this total $910,769 was received as a salary, $1,387,563 was received as a bonus, $4,000,025 was received in stock options, $11,198,320 was awarded as stock and $10,000 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2019 fiscal year.
    President and Chief Executive Officer
    INTUIT INC
    Greed has nothing to do with it. It's called survival. Quicken is a niche player in a desktop arena and has never had deep pockets.
    Oh and by the way, Intuit sold Quicken years ago, so your reference is not relevant.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
This discussion has been closed.