Data entered into mobile not showing up in desktop

Let me be sure that Quicken will do what I want done before trying to figure why it isn't working. What I want to do, and used to be able to do, until I did one of the annual upgrades, was to be able to enter new transactions into the mobile app including category and the payee, and then have them show up in the desktop version with category and payee info intact. I also used to be able to edit transactions in the mobile app that appeared without me entering it first as if it accessed the bank account before I sync'ed things in the desktop version. I could edit payee and category so that the transaction hit the register directly when I sync'ed or did the update or something I can't recall. It was more than just the transaction showing up in the downloaded transaction area. So does Quicken still do that because it doesn't for me now? Nothing I edit in the mobile app hits the register until I click from the downloaded transaction which of course won't show a category as it comes from the bank, not the mobile app.

Comments

• drgibson
    drgibson Member
    That did not answer the question. My question is: Am I supposed to be able to transfer entries that I have made in the mobile Quicken app into the desktop Quicken register without any further editing, processing, or anything after I press the One Step button or the "sync now" on the mobile and web page. Seriously, it's a yes or no answer.
    If it's yes, then I'll try to figure out why that isn't happening anymore.
    If it's no, then I'll try to understand what the purpose of the app is, but I don't need a mobile copy of everything I enter on the desktop version if that's all it does.
  • drgibson
    drgibson Member
    OK, hold the phone here. I have discovered a problem that may be the cause of the trouble. I decided to go back and remove all the sync'ed account in Quicken desktop. When I clicked on the link "94 accounts are available", I clicked on it and a new box pops up of the accounts, and I click on "select none", the list on the right side of the page is still showing one account and the indicator showing how many accounts are being sync'ed still says one account. I repeat the process again and still there is one account on the right of the page and that account name is not listed on the left side. I just called the bank and that account is closed. I must have clicked "done" or something and the desktop goes into sync or update and I get the green circle revolving and a box pops up that I have been seeing called "Quicken Cloud Sync Errors" and the same error is listed multiple times and I have found no way to resolve or understand it so I click on later and it goes away. So it appears I have Quicken trying to sync with an account that doesn't exist. While I had the desktop set with just two accounts, including the problem account and my checking account, I ran a sync and some of the entries in the mobile app suddenly appeared in the register for the proper account therefore my question reference above has been answered and I'm moving on to the real problem at hand of the problem account syncing when there's no matching account at the bank. Any suggestions on how to get rid of that problem account that remember doesn't even appear on the list of my accounts?
  • drgibson
    drgibson Member
    To clarify, the "left side of the page box" is the "edit account settings" box that pops up on the left side of the screen when I click on words "95 eligible accounts" not yet synced on the right side of the "Mobile and Web" tab page. Hope that helps.
  • drgibson
    drgibson Member
    Let me try this one more time. My mobile shows no accounts are listed. My Quicken program shows one account is listed for the mobile app. The account is no longer open and therefore generates error messages when I try to sync. In the desktop program, under the mobile tab, I have clicked on the remove all accounts button but the account still remains showing as an account to sync with the mobile app. The problem is with the desktop software, not the mobile app.