Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is there any way to schedule payments in advance in the Premier subscription?

I moved from Quicken 2017 to Premier because it includes bill payment. I can't find any way to set up payments in advance without using Bill Pay, which costs me another $9.95 a month more and is going away at some point. I've called support 4 times trying to resolve this. The last person told me I can't do it. I don't want to go into Quicken every day and use Quick Pay for whatever is due. And it doesn't make sense to make them all manual checks.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Accepted Answer
    I have been with Quicken since Checkfree days and am really disappointed with current problems. [removed - no soliciting] No way to set future payments and no repeating payments. These are big problems!
    If you want to be able to schedule payments or issue repeating payments from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method. 

Answers

• gbee
    gbee Member
    Thanks NotACPA. Feels like a big step backwards to me.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    The BillPay provider that Q previously used, Metavante, decided to stop offering that product ... so Q had no choice but to switch.
    I don't know what criteria were used in selecting the new provider (I'm another user) but Q employees have stated that additional features are under development.
    They just can't say WHEN they'll be implemented.
    Meanwhile, if you look at the announcement on this forum's Home page, you'll see that the discontinuation date for the Metavante service has been extended to 8/30
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Ralph
    Ralph Member ✭✭
    Scheduling payments is not a small item. If I have to wait until the day before the bill is due to make payment Q is not helping me save time. What if I'm Travelling? Come on Q, prioritize your fixes, this is big
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @ralph you're beating the wrong horse.  The new Bill Manager provider needs to make this happen.  Q, like you, can only wait.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • rhilder7399
    rhilder7399 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have been with Quicken since Checkfree days and am really disappointed with current problems. [removed - no soliciting]  No way to set future payments and no repeating payments. These are big problems!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Accepted Answer
    I have been with Quicken since Checkfree days and am really disappointed with current problems. [removed - no soliciting] No way to set future payments and no repeating payments. These are big problems!
    If you want to be able to schedule payments or issue repeating payments from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method. 
  • quick25
    quick25 Member
    While the date when Quicken Bill Pay has been moved back, I know have discovered that Quicken Bill Pay doesn't work with the subscription based product. You can only log in to Bill Pay to use it. Since Quicken Bill Manager can't schedule payment yet, I'm left sitting in limbo waiting for Quicken to reinstate a function (scheduling of payments from an accounts register) that has been part of the software since at least 1998. I'm disappointing that I've been forced into this position and the lack of current functionality. When will online payments be able to be scheduled from an account register like you could do with Bill Pay? Thanks - C
  • RichLinHurlburt
    RichLinHurlburt Member ✭✭
    I'm still able to use the old Bill Pay thru the subscription based product (Quicken for Windows) by doing the following: Select the Tools Menu, then Select the Online Payee List, then Click on the Use button at the bottom on the form. That put me in the old familiar Online Center where I can pay my bills.
  • JoyceSchr
    JoyceSchr Member
    > @quick25 said:
    > While the date when Quicken Bill Pay has been moved back, I know have discovered that Quicken Bill Pay doesn't work with the subscription based product. You can only log in to Bill Pay to use it. Since Quicken Bill Manager can't schedule payment yet, I'm left sitting in limbo waiting for Quicken to reinstate a function (scheduling of payments from an accounts register) that has been part of the software since at least 1998. I'm disappointing that I've been forced into this position and the lack of current functionality. When will online payments be able to be scheduled from an account register like you could do with Bill Pay? Thanks - C

I'm in the same boat. A Q customer for over 20 years, I upgraded to Premium 3 days before Bill Pay was cancelled. So I paid the upgrade AND Bill Pay is still charging me the $9.95 per month even though I challenged the practice and got them to agree I shouldn't be charged. It's adding insult to injury to discover scheduled payments aren't even available on Premium. Ugh. This is def a Problems of a First World Country problem given what's happening in the world. But...UGH. Just need to be among similarly frustrated peeps...
  • DAMcL
    DAMcL Member ✭✭
    This is quite a shock. I just started a Premium subscription recently because Q for Mac would integrate with the new Quicken Bill Manager. I don't see a great benefit in being able to electronically receive my mortgage statement, for example, if I can't set it up for automatic payment.
This discussion has been closed.