Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Removing a line that is "still processing"

Anyone else having this problem? I recently moved over from Quicken BillPay (which had completely stopped working for me) to Quicken QuickPay. But there's still a couple of lines in my checking register that read "processing." Since they are processing, they can't be deleted. However, the payments didn't go through and now I need to delete the lines. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @meerathome,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
    Quicken > About Quicken

What I suggest you try first is the following steps below--
    1. Select the bill pay transaction you need to remove
    2. Hold "Option" on your keyboard
    3. While still holding the "Option"-key, click on "Delete" on the bottom left of your register screen, then let go of "Option"
    4. You should receive a dropdown at the top of the Quicken window-- Choose "Change to manual"
    5. Once "Change to manual" has been selected you should see an orange pencil show in front of the transaction and should now be able to delete it like normal.
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • meerathome
    meerathome Member
    Thanks, Anja. I am using Quicken 2020 for Mac.

I'm sorry to report that the method you provided did not work. The system still says "this item is pending and cannot be deleted." In fact, it is not "pending," as the Quicken Bill Pay through Metavite , which is now completely dysfunctional, cancelled the payment (along with about 20 other payments that I had scheduled), but for some reason that is not being reflected in my checking account ledger.

I am aware that the Metavite implosion is affecting a lot of Quicken users in various different ways. In addition to causing a large number of my scheduled transactions to be cancelled with no prior notice (and a lot of embarrassed calls to vendors), this needs to be dealt with because the ledger is the main thing i use to make sure I am not overdrawing my bank account. It is now impossible for me to do that because the ledger is no longer an accurate picture of what bills I have already paid.

I would appreciate it if you could bump this up a level to see if there is some other way to delete these "pending transactions" from the ledger.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for the additional information and for trying those steps!

Based on your initial explanation, if I understood you correctly, it seems to me that those payments are stuck from Quicken Bill Pay and not Bill Manager.

Could you go to settings on the bottom-right and then go to the bill pay tab--
    If it says Quicken Bill Pay is active go ahead and disable bill pay, and see if that makes a difference or what happens.

Let me know how that goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • meerathome
    meerathome Member
    Thanks again Anja. Bill Pay has been deactivated since one of your colleagues helped me set up Bill Manager. I just checked and it is still "off."
  • Quicken Anja
    Okay, thank you for checking.

The pending payments, do they say anything in the check # field?

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • meerathome
    meerathome Member
    Check numbers I want to delete are 9008 and 9009.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @meerathome

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

If you are unable to remove the payments by holding option and deleting the transactions and if you are unable to remove these payments from the Quicken Bill Pay website.

http://quickenbillpay.com/

Please go to File > Save a Backup and then try the steps below.

Please click on the (+) to add a new account and choose "Checking" then immediately choose "Options" without selecting a bank and choose "Enter Transactions Manually."

Please drag the bill payments that you would like to delete into this manual account.

Lastly, please select the manual account, that should now contain the bill pay payments and go to "Accounts" from the top menu bar and choose "Delete Account."

This should hopefully remove the account and the stuck transactions.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • meerathome
    meerathome Member
    Hi Tyka. I'm sorry to say that your idea is another good one, but it still didn't work. After creating the manual account and trying to move the transactions there, here's the error message:

"Payments Cannot Be Moved to a Different Account

1 transactions in move are payments.

When an account is used to make payments, its payment transactions cannot be moved to other accounts"

Let's keep trying though. Something's bound to work eventually.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @meerathome

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.