Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quick Pay / Check pay transition will be a big downgrade

[removed - off-topic] Consider these improvements:

→Do you use scheduled transactions to forecast your balances or budget? Well this new “feature” will set your linked scheduled transactions to $0 when you mark a bill payed so say goodbye to that functionality! Maybe write them on a grease-board? - Usability downgrade. Not to mention likelihood of accidental overdrafts.
→Do you budget for and pay more than the minimum due? Nope – when the does update it will override your budgeted payment with the minimum due. Usability downgrade.
→Do you schedule monthly payments from more than one account to a single biller? Well you can’t do that anymore! - Usability Downgrade.
→Do you think you can use Bill Pay to pay your bills outside of Bill Manager? Nope – as far as I can tell if the bill isn’t in Bill Pay then you can’t pay it with Quick Pay – you’ll need to use Check Pay and (if Premier like me) you only get 6 of those per month. - Usability downgrade AND a cost increase.
→Do you have bills that you currently can pay electronically but can’t find them in Bill Pay? You’ll be using Check Pay also. Let me just clarify that – some companies you pay electronically now will be getting a check by mail in the future because Quick Pay does less, much less. Usability downgrade AND a cost increase!

This is going to be a train wreck for me and a lot of other users too. It's ludicrous for Quicken Leadership to assume users will take all these functionality downgrades and remain loyal. If I am going to invest my time and energy compensating for the new “Quicken Less” – it won’t be with Quicken.

Is all this lost capability going to be restored somehow? If so when? If not tell me now.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Pay and Check Pay are not equivalent to Quicken Bill Pay.   I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.  
  • lwoodfin
    lwoodfin Member
    I will look into that but I don't know of it. I'd it works for my credit unions then maybe. But I really shouldn't have to compensate in any way. Less is always less.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lwoodfin said:
    I will look into that but I don't know of it. I'd it works for my credit unions then maybe. But I really shouldn't have to compensate in any way. Less is always less.
    We always have to compensate.  Adaptation is necessary for survival.
  • lwoodfin
    lwoodfin Member
    I prefer not to be the one adapting what I'm paying for a service... As it should be
  • George Raney
    George Raney Member ✭✭
    Concur with all. I've already transitioned most of my bill paying to the bank. This is a DEFINITE LOSS of functionality. And, it's about two days of my life that I spent figuring it out...that I'll never get back.
This discussion has been closed.