Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I get the new bill paying program?

Hi, Presently I have Deluxe 2020, which is paid up to 3/5/21. I use Quicken Billpay, and want to install or update to use the new bill paying program. I have read the how to do this instructions on this website, but find them confusing and need some step by step guidance. Can someone help, please?
Thanks
(edited year for readability) 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Sherlock. I'll do that.
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    As Sherlock suggested, I called quicken support, and the agent walked me through setting up the new bill paying program. It took about 1/2 hour on the phone. Frankly, the new system is going take a while to learn and get used to ... it's complicated to set up and works totally differently than Quicken Billpay. As has been mentioned on other posts, a big disappointment is not being able to enter payments to be made in the future, which was a tremendous convenience. Hopefully, Quicken will incorporate this feature soon.
    Muchy1, windows10
  • arna.perry
    arna.perry Member ✭✭
    I agree. I get paid once a month and enter all my monthly bills on the 24th of the month previous. That way, I know how much I have to play with for the balance of the month. I have already started using the new bill pay and have found it difficult to get used to. However, I am learning. I've been a Quicken user for many many years - can't even remember when I wasn't. I know it goes back to DOS days. At first I didn't understand why Quicken would so radically change a feature that worked just fine, but then my son explained that sometimes coding that needs to be updated sometimes needs to be totally ripped out before it can be changed. I think this is probably what happened here. Coders and users will remember what a headache changing to Year 2000 was. We were petrified that everything from basic programs to elevators would crash when the new year came. Proper preparation saved us.

I started using the new bill pay last month, was unsuccessful 95% of the time but now I'm preparing for May and have figured out some work arounds. I increased my lead time in the manual bill setup area, I put some holding transactions into the register, I am diligent in checking for new bills. So far, so good. I think that once every thing shakes out, I'll be as content with the new bill pay as I was with the old.
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Arna, I admire you patience in sticking with the program, but it's just too compIicated and troublesome for me. (I can't even get my paying accounts set up without the program crashing when I hit the "enable" key.) Like you I have been a billpay user for more years than I can remember, but I'm going to be using my bank's online bill paying program until bill manager is more user friendly and allows me to schedule payments in advance.
    Regarding why quicken is discontinuing billpay, I don't think the reason was to make a better program for us users. I think it was because quicken and Metavante (the company that runs billpay) decided to part company for some reason, and quicken had to come up with their own program. However, whatever the reason, I will definitely miss quicken billpay.
This discussion has been closed.