Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What is a Quicken Key Card?

Bobbo
Bobbo Member ✭✭
The Walmart website has two choices for purchasing Quicken Deluxe 2020: a Key Card, and PC/Mac Digital Download. I have not heard of a Key Card before. Anybody know anything about this? The Key Card is $5.00 less that the Digital Download.

Thanks

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Bobbo - I believe, but am not 100% sure, that it is a card with the activation code and instructions for downloading the program printed on it.  If that's the case, you would go into your Quicken.com account and enter the activation code.  Then you will be able to download Quicken Deluxe from your online account.  Maybe the price is lower for the Key Card option since you are downloading it directly from Quicken instead of from Walmart so Walmart would not be charging for that.  Just a thought but you might want to contact Walmart to confirm this.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Bobbo - I copied this from Amazon regarding MS Office:  "The key card is simply a silly little piece of cardboard with the software key printed on it, delivered in a cute little white box. The instructions direct the user to log onto Microsoft Office online to activate with the software key and download the software. Both versions ultimately are digital download only. I have never downloaded software directly from Amazon, but I suspect really that the only difference is that little piece of paper middleman."
    Quicken refers to the "software key" as the "activation code".  Same thing.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.