Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Online Payee List - Quick Way to Delete

I need to clean up my payee list. Currently, when I delete an Online Payee and confirm the delete it goes back to the top of my list. If I am in the "J's" of deleting, I have to scroll down to get back to where I was. Is there another way to delete an Online Payee? Can there be check boxes next to online payee to be able to delete more than one at a time?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Ann,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your question.

Yes, you can select multiple payees to delete all at one. Simply hold down "Ctrl" on your keyboard while selecting each one that you wish to delete. Once you have them selected-- let go of the "Ctrl"-key and right-click on one of the selected payees (doesn't matter which one) and click on "Delete" and then "Ok".

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ann
    Ann Member ✭✭
    I am using a subscription, Quicken 2020 - Deluxe (Version R25.21 - Build 27.1.25.21)
    Holding down the CTRL key doesn't work using either the right or left click.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for checking back!

Are you continuously holding down the Ctrl key while left-clicking on the payees that you want to remove? If not, you will want to do so. Letting go of the key when left-clicking with your mouse will not keep the previously selected item selected. The Ctrl key has to be held down while clicking on the item you want to select.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ann
    Ann Member ✭✭
    I am not a novice computer user. Yes, I hold down the CTRL key continuously. CTRL + left click simply brings up the Edit/Delete drop-down. While still holding CTRL key and I left click a second payee, I get the same thing. I have even tried the ALT Key alone and the CTRL+ALT keys.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is inconsistent about multiple selection. It works in the Memorized Payee list, but not in the Online Payee list. Lazy programming. And the jumping back to the top after each deletion is more lazy programming.
    When I find myself in this situation, I start my deleting from the bottom and work my way up. Then at least I'm getting closer each time it jumps to the top. :#
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Ann
    Ann Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much. That's what I've been doing.
This discussion has been closed.