Home Before you Buy

Can I buy Deluxe at Walmart and simply enter the activation to downgrade from Premier to Deluxe

SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
This discussion was created from comments split from: Renew or Buy?.

Comments

• StarbuckStarbuck Member
    So, I have Premier which the subscription is expiring. I want to downgrade. If I buy Deluxe at Walmart and simply enter the activation, I'll be fine?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but don't do it until the end of your current subscription to eliminate any possibility as to which edition you have until that date.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RCinNJRCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    I also decided to downgrade to Deluxe for Mac (I don't have need for them to send checks for me, plus the only time in the last 2 years that I called tech support I forgot to use the priority phone number). I just purchased my upgrade from Walmart and was wondering the same thing. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks for the renewal day to enter my new activation code.

I really wish Quicken would offer renewals at a price that matches the cost of buying from an outside vendor. I'd rather give Quicken all the money but it irks me too much that they can print and ship Walmart a physical product and sell it to Walmart at a low enough price that Walmart can mail it to me at a price significantly less than renewing on the Quicken website! Why not make renewal subscriptions for loyal customers a little less than a subscription for a new customer?
    @RCinNJ
    If they did, what incentive would there be for a retail vendor to sell Quicken?

That would be like GM or Ford selling cars directly to the general public without going thru a dealer.

• StarbuckStarbuck Member
    FYI, today after doing all my downloads, I entered the Deluxe activation I purchase at Sam's under the Help-EnterActivation pull down. It updated me just fine to the downgraded Deluxe version from my previous Premier. I'm good for another year.
    Starbuck said:
    FYI, today after doing all my downloads, I entered the Deluxe activation I purchase at Sam's under the Help-EnterActivation pull down. It updated me just fine to the downgraded Deluxe version from my previous Premier. I'm good for another year.
    It is nice to hear that it worked as it is supposed to.  

• Jeffrey WilensJeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭
    Excuse me, but where are you seeing Quicken 2020 one year subscription at ANY discount from $49.99 Quicken store price? Not on Amazon, Wal-Mart, Office Depot, etc. from what I can find.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep searching. 
    AND, it's always possible that since QW2017 has expired, the discounts have been pulled.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Check Costco if you have a membership. I believe deluxe is less than $40.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Premier Subscription thru 2020
This discussion has been closed.