Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Link Biller to Reminder problem

I just upgraded from Quicken 2017 to 2019 and after the update I selected the "link to biller" option in the reminder window. Most all of them were working find, except a few. One was AT&T. When it setup the link to my AT&T it asked me for security questions (which I didn't have setup), so it asked me a couple of random questions (of course there was no answer). Anyway, it came back and said "Account may be closed. Login to your biller's web site to check the status of this account. Try Again." I did end up logging into AT&T and I added security questions to my account. The problem now is, how do I setup the link to biller again. Quicken 2019 keeps wanting to use the same information to connect to AT&T.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the next bill reminder for AT&T and click on it to highlight it.
    On the right side of that reminder, click on "Edit" and then "Edit this instance and all future instances".
    Under "Optional Settings" (click on the blue triangle to the left of that to expand the view if you don't see anything under it), click on "unlink". 
    Then click on "Link it Now" and follow the prompts.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • Alan1
    Alan1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Boatnmaniac, I tried the above, but when I relinked it, another AT&T biller was added, but this time it was added without asking for security questions. So, now I have two AT&T billers, the first one reports that the account is no longer valid and that I should delete the biller (but I don't see a way to delete the biller). The second AT&T biller, can't seem to get the bill. It keeps saying that it's waiting on the next bill, but bills have been out sine the 19th and both my banks can see the bill. Not sure what to do from here.
    The 1704 attachment is the response from the AT&T biller that says the account may be closed, the 1705 attachment is the two billers. The top biller is the one I added using the suggestion, the bottom one is the one with bad security questions.
This discussion has been closed.