Home Announcements

4/20/20: An Update from Eric Dunn, Quicken CEO

13»

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And remember, if you don't like Quicken's Bill Manager, you can always open and/or use an account at a bank with a bill pay service that works with Quicken via Direct Connect for your payments. Depending on the size of your account, the bank may charge a fee for this.

You might check into any of the banks with a red lightning bolt icon in the Windows and Mac lists here
    https://www.quicken.com/support/fi-list-support-quicken-versions

Bank of America, for example, integrates reliably with Quicken and lets you schedule payments up to 30 days in advance.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank of America, for example, integrates reliably with Quicken and lets you schedule payments up to 30 days in advance.
    Something you cannot determine from looking at the FI list is that B of A no longer offers Direct Connect for new accounts. Those of us who are grandfathered in enjoy near-perfect Quicken integration. But new accounts only get Express Web Connect.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something you cannot determine from looking at the FI list is that B of A no longer offers Direct Connect for new accounts. 
    That's a great point. I just opened a new savings account assuming it would integrate with Quicken based on the bank being on the list. Turns out they aren't supported in Quicken at all. Now I'm in the process of closing that account and moving to a different online bank. This time I made sure to call the bank before opening the account and verifying that Quicken is indeed supported. Lesson learned: call and verify you will have the features you expect before opening the account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • WalterPAlmgrenWalterPAlmgren Member ✭✭
    @Eric Dunn
    @Quicken Kathryn

You say:
    "Our vision for the future of Quicken is to continue to make the Quicken products more reliable, more connected, more capable, and fully available on all the platforms you use—desktop, web, and mobile."

And yet...
    Still no 64-bit compatibility.
    Still no compatibility with Office 365.

Which means... STILL unable to use Outlook reminders when syncing, because it will NOT sync with Office 365 or any 64-bit version of Outlook.
  • Susan AlinsanganSusan Alinsangan Member ✭✭
    I’ve been on Mac Q2020 for a few days but I’ve been using Quicken since 1994. I’ve been hanging around in Q2007 for quite a long time. I wanted to make a few points coming from a fresh perspective:

-I pay $600/year/seat for Adobe Creative Suite, $100 for Microsoft Office, $100 for Squarespace, $60 for Vimeo. I cannot understand how users are complaining about your subscription fee. Heck, I’ve been in Q2007 for ages, I'm dollar cost averaging.

-If you’re gonna charge for a subscription fee (which is now the norm) you need to up your game.

-Apple is the highest value tech company in the U.S. How come your Mac version has less features than the Windows version?

-My reason for updating now is the need to update to Catalina. Catalina and Q2007 are no-bueno. I’ll be doing that in the next few months and so will more Q2007 users. And that will force them (like me) over to Q2020. I hope they find a better version of Mac Q2020 when they come.

-Just from randomly scrolling your community I see that many of your users are like me and have been using your product for decades. That’s vested interest and a built-in evangelist base. Most brands spend millions of dollars trying to cultivate that. Please don’t pilfer what’s been dropped into your lap. Because there’s other money management programs that will take their files from 1994 to present.

-I'm glad to be on Mac Q2020, it's nice to be in the right year, finally.
    Thank you for all your hard work. I've been waiting a long time for the right time to come over.
  • LULU ottawaLULU ottawa Member
    for individuals using software (I've had for over 20 years) don't bully me to subscribe every year, I don't use download, upgrade every 2 years which is fair.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    for individuals using software (I've had for over 20 years) don't bully me to subscribe every year, I don't use download, upgrade every 2 years which is fair.

There is two year subscriptions available.

But of course this isn't really about how often you have to pay, is it?

It is how much.  Well every individual has to decide what Quicken is worth to them.

And if you feel "slighted" because you are paying for features that you don't use, well that is a fact of life.  I certainly don't use every feature in Quicken, in fact there is no such customer.  Quicken isn't priced "by the feature" with the exception of the "packages/SKUs" known as Starter, Deluxe, Premier, ...
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • LULU ottawaLULU ottawa Member
    I upgraded to Deluxe last year so wouldn't have this problem but back it comes:(
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    LULU shop around. Amazon usually has discounts on Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.