Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Creating Transaction Groups in Quicken Bill Manager

Quicken user since mid 1990s. Have always been very pleased. We will get thru Bill Manager, and all will be fine. Question. Can I add a Transactio0n Group like before? I tried it, but it just seems to use BILL PAY. How do I can a Group of Tranactions in Quicken Bill Manager? Now I have to select each payee, which takes too long. Quicken 2020 -- Version R26.15 Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Quicken Help, Transaction Groups are only used when scheduling recurring investment transactions, but not for banking transactions of any kind.
    Please tell us more about your group of transactions and what you are trying to achieve.
  • David R Remont
    David R Remont Member ✭✭
    Try Bills, Manage Income and Income Reminders, Add, Scheduled Transaction Group. You can name the Group, Account, Frequency, etc. and lets you choose from a "bazillion" transactions. You may also edit a transaction group. It's not "automatic" but it does allow you to add, delete, and edit Groups and Transactions. It "appears" one may create both investment and banking groups. Made my wife happy!
  • craigpinto
    craigpinto Member ✭✭
    > @David R Remont said:
    > Try Bills, Manage Income and Income Reminders, Add, Scheduled Transaction Group. You can name the Group, Account, Frequency, etc. and lets you choose from a "bazillion" transactions. You may also edit a transaction group. It's not "automatic" but it does allow you to add, delete, and edit Groups and Transactions. It "appears" one may create both investment and banking groups. Made my wife happy!

Thanks. I am familure with that process, but isn't that still just using the old BILL PAY, payees? I'm confused as to what is BILL PAY vs BILL MANAGER since both seem to be available right now.
  • craigpinto
    craigpinto Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > According to Quicken Help, Transaction Groups are only used when scheduling recurring investment transactions, but not for banking transactions of any kind.Please tell us more about your group of transactions and what you are trying to achieve.

I have used transaction groups for many years to pay a group of bills.
    Say I want to pay my bills on the 10th of the month. All are in the group. On about the 3rd, I select my Transaction Group, all the bills are entered in the register, I fill in the $$ amounts, and UPDATE. It seems with Bill Manager, I have to pay each one individually. That takes too long. Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > According to Quicken Help, Transaction Groups are only used when scheduling recurring investment transactions, but not for banking transactions of any kind.Please tell us more about your group of transactions and what you are trying to achieve.

I have used transaction groups for many years to pay a group of bills.
    Say I want to pay my bills on the 10th of the month. All are in the group. On about the 3rd, I select my Transaction Group, all the bills are entered in the register, I fill in the $$ amounts, and UPDATE. It seems with Bill Manager, I have to pay each one individually. That takes too long. Thanks

Seems you are correct. I must not have gotten the memo when the programmers added this feature.
    :-(
    Sorry about that.
    Scheduling future transactions with the new Bill Manager is another issue. From what I can gather, that feature is not available yet. Stay tuned. It will get added eventually.
    Personally, I don't use Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, whatever the biller calls it. The payment is debited from my checking or credit card account by the biller on due date. When I get notified about a new statement having arrived, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to pay the amount due. Haven't missed a payment in many years.
This discussion has been closed.