Transactions disappeared

I reconciled a credit card of mine a few days ago, and it balanced. I just opened Quicken, and noticed that I’m missing three transactions, and they’ve just disappeared.

Where did they go? What am I supposed to do here? Do I reinsert them into the register, and then clear them when the next statement comes along and they’re needed to clear it?

Answers

• Hello @Avi Dee

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is quite odd. Do you by chance have any filters on? Are your balances off currently from what the FI has on their website? Were the charges related in any way or were they at random? If they are wrong I would see if maybe you're able to go to the banks website and import the transactions back into quicken using a web connect file.

If you need help with the web connect the article on instructions is listed here.

Please let us know once you get a chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    > Do you by chance have any filters on?

No filters.

> Are your balances off currently from what the FI has on their website?

Yes.

> Were the charges related in any way or were they at random?

Not random.

I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, and for the first $60 they reimburse DoorDash expenses. All the DoorDash charges disappeared, but the reimbursements did not.

I think QuickFill and Renaming Rules might be involved?

For both QuickFill and the Renaming Rules, somehow I have both a +20.91 and a -20.91 mapped to both. I did not intentionally set that up; I made a separate payee “DoorDash: Sticky’s”. Maybe they got merged, Quicken saw both positive and negative charges, and decided to merge them???

BTW, I already downloaded from my FI. I would have to re-create them from scratch manually.
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    My most recent backup is from two weeks ago, and this is the comparison. The charges disappeared but the credits didn’t. Also, the backup doesn’t have any QuickFill or renaming rules, so I think they accidentally got set up or maybe Quicken screwed up, and decided that one positive amount and one negative amount were the same thing.

I could probably fix this by directly hacking the SQLite database, but I’d want to avoid that, plus this is something I hope you can help me fix the right way.
This discussion has been closed.