Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

One Step Update Hangs and will not Update Accounts

I saw the post today from Quicken Sarah that said this issue was resolved but I still am unable to update through one step update as I always do. The screen hangs and the only way I can exit is to force close through task manager. I am a Windows user and Quicken subscriber. The issue started after Quicken installed an update earlier today.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• drbfrogdrbfrog Member ✭✭
    Thank you UKR for your response. I went through all of your instructions and, unfortunately, the issue still persists. I did not restore as the issue is reminiscent of the Quicken issue many of us experienced in 3-4 months ago when one step update did not work AND it happened right after an update.

QUICKEN - please comment and advise what you are seeing.
  • I have the same problem...I went thru the Troubleshooting 101 suggestions, and Quicken still hangs during the One Step Update. It gets as far as "Updating Financial Institution Information and comes to a halt. Task Manager's End Task is the only way out of Quicken.

I tried using 1/1/2020 data file, which used to work, but the problem still exists. I suspect that the data file isn't the problem, but what is?

I'm open to suggestions!
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you are still needing assistance, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • This worked for me...I hope others find it useful, too.

In Windows 10, Use Control Panel to search for Cookies
    Select Block or Allow Third Party Cookies
    This brings you to the Internet Properties window
    Select the Privacy tab
    At the top, in the Settings area, click on Advanced
    Select Allow 1st party cookies
    Select Allow 3rd party cookies
    Check the Always allow session cookies box

Restart computer (this might not be a necessary step)

My One Step Update no longer hangs until terminated by Task Manager