When the recent up date on 4/20/20 was downloaded, my Quicken ceased to work

This discussion was created from comments split from: New Alert Before Entering your Vault Password.

Comments

• rkprater
    rkprater Member
    When the recent up date on 4/20/20 was downloaded, my Quicken ceased to work. All my passwords were wiped out, I cannot download from my bank, Schwab accounts, etc. Can anyone explain what happened and if a fix for this is being worked on?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rkprater

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

If you haven't done so already, I would start by restoring a backup from prior to the update.  The steps to do so are available here

Once the file has been restored, please verify if you are able to update as expected or continue to experience issues.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rkprater
    rkprater Member
    I have not been able to download a backup or anything. I was not using Dropbox because I did not know it was available. I have my own backup drive but the Quicken program will not let me do anything. This all started with an update from Quicken on the 20th. I am frustrated and about ready to cancel my account after using for about 30 years. I have already established an account with Mint and am currently using that program. I have re-installed the program but nothing I have done has any affect. Nothing works! Any further ideas?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @rkprater

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Are you still having issues with getting quicken to open? Have you tried a mondo patch by chance? I know you've tried reinstalling like you previously stated but it might be worth a try. 

The mondo patch can be found here 

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

If this does not work either I would give us a call to see if we're able to find something that's causing the issue. I'll also list our hours down below so you can choose a time that best suits you. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00pm PDT

• drbfrog
    drbfrog Member ✭✭
    I have tried that and it did not help my issue. I am working with someone at Quicken HQ to troubleshoot. All the direct connect work fine, it is the others....
This discussion has been closed.