Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

payment to send

Under Bills and Income I keep getting a notice that I have a payment to send. Updating my bills does not fix the problem. How do I fix this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I called Customer support and they were able to fix the bill waiting to be sent problem.

The trick was to go to the account in Quicken that I was using to pay my bills using Quicken Bill Pay (i.e., my bill payment account). Then select Actions (i.e., the gear icon), Edit account details, select the Online Services tab, and then go to the section titled Online bill payment, and select Deactivate.

Now that the bill payment account has been deactivated in Quicken I can now run an online update and the "payment waiting to be sent" alert no longer appears.

Please consider adding these steps for deactivating the bill payment account in Quicken to the instructions on "How to move from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager" (at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-move-quicken-bill-pay-quicken-bill-manager).

Thanks to everyone for your assistance helping to solve this problem.

Answers

• pcbaker
    pcbaker Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. It worked a few days ago.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Dave Mayer and @pcbaker

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available HERE.

Please let me know if these steps help to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    The information at the link does not help.

When I run one step update I am now getting a "Needs Your Attention" alert as follows:
    Quicken Bill Pay - New
    OL-318-A | 1 account
    OL-318-A Your financial institution couldn't find the transaction you selected. [OL-318-A]

There is no indication to which transaction this alert applies. All payments show as processed in the Online Center.
  • Hello @Dave Mayer

Could you try this for me and see what it does. Can you go across the top to tools -> online center. Hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard and in the top left of the popup box click on contact info.  In the account you should be able to select quicken bill pay. Once here click on the 4 boxes that have online in the box. Once you have the 4 selected click refresh.

Once this is done try seeing if you're still getting the 318-A error. Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    Quicken Bill Pay is not available in the account dropdown box.
  • jocko
    jocko Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Dave, I had the same thing and this is what fixed it for me:

Go to to "TOOLS" drop down and select "Online Center".

Make sure the "Financial Institution" window shows "Quicken Bill Pay"

In the upper right side of the panel you should see the "Update/Send" button and there may be a notification under it about a payment and/or update instructions.

Click on the "Update/Send" button and should see the Bill Pay update with the transaction(s) in question. Allow Bill Pay to update.

Then close out of the Online Center and see what happens. If the notification goes away then you're done. I still had the "Send" notification so I did the process again ...I had another notification under the "Update/Send" button ...clicked on "Update/Send" and had another Bill Pay update to do. In my case these were apparently two Bill Pay payments that were not updated as to their status ...they were still showing a pending status as opposed to completed.

I believe this is because this latest subscription Quicken is NOT updating any Bill Pay transactions through the normal "One Step Update" function; when I "O.S.U." I do not get a line for Bill Pay being updated like I used to in my old Quicken 2017.

Unfortunately Quicken is dropping Bill Pay ...B.P. will be good out to the end of August 2020 ...but to get it to work in the subscription Quicken you apparently have to cancel your old B.P. account and reset it to work with this newest Quicken.

There is apparently a VAST difference in what Quicken is foisting off as a "new and improved" online bill paying service in this latest Quicken; you can read a lot about how bad it is and what it truly involves here in the Community forum.

From what I have read on the Community the new system basically allows Quicken access to your online accounts using the biller's website portal ...which means you have to supply all your usernames and passwords for all these web portals to Quicken; (Removed-Inaccurate) IMHO, you are better off and safer using your bank or credit union for making online payments rather than this latest debacle Quicken is hawking. Your payments made via your bank will show up in your register as if you made them via the old Bill Pay. Apparently nobody at Quicken is familiar with the expression; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
  • Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    I tried doing the update/send as suggested, but I still have a notice that I have one payment to send under the Bills & Income tab.

Please tell me more about " ...but to get it to work in the subscription Quicken you apparently have to cancel your old B.P. account and reset it to work with this newest Quicken".

I still have my old B.P. account, but am trying to fully transition to the new B.P. Manager system. Should I cancel my old B.P. account? If so, how do I do cancel my old account?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @Dave Mayer,

Thank you for the inquiry, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Once you have everything set up with the new Quicken Bill Manager system, you will want to contact Quicken Bill Pay directly to cancel the old service. Their phone number is (877) 486-8844.

For more details on migrating from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager, please see this Support Article.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• jocko
    jocko Member ✭✭
    > @Dave Mayer said:

> Please tell me more about " ...but to get it to work in the subscription Quicken you apparently have to cancel your old B.P. account and reset it to work with this newest Quicken".
    >
    > I still have my old B.P. account, but am trying to fully transition to the new B.P. Manager system. Should I cancel my old B.P. account? If so, how do I do cancel my old account?

To reset your account you need to call BillPay ...it's the number Natalie listed in her post. If you want to BillPay 'til it drops dead in Quicken (31 Aug 20) then you have to talk to the B.P. people.

I had to do the "Update/Send" twice as I had, apparently, multiple payments somehow logged needing attention ...try doing it multiple times.
  • Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Natalie said:
    > Hello @Dave Mayer,
    >
    > Thank you for the inquiry, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.
    >
    > Once you have everything set up with the new Quicken Bill Manager system, you will want to contact Quicken Bill Pay directly to cancel the old service. Their phone number is (877) 486-8844.
    >
    > For more details on migrating from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager, please see this Support Article.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > -Quicken Natalie

Thank you for the reply.

I called Quicken Bill Pay (i.e., Metavante) today at the phone number you provided. I have requested that my Quicken Bill Pay account be deactivated. I'm told it will be deactivated effective 6/15/2020.

I would like to suggest that the Support Article you mentioned should include information on performing this step when someone wants to stop using the old Quicken Bill Pay service and migrate to Quicken Bill Manager before the Quicken Bill Pay service is discontinued on August 31, 2020.

I hope this change will now solve an issue I've been having while using the new Quicken Bill Manager to pay my bills. Specifically I have one payment that appears to have been processed last year that still shows in Quicken as needing to be sent. Unfortunately running Update/Send fails to send the payment (perhaps because it's already been paid?). I really want to get rid of this incorrect alert/warning because every time I exit Quicken it tells me there is a bill waiting to be sent. If I then run One Step Update the bill is never updated.

Thank you for your assistance.
  • Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    > @jocko said:
    > > @Dave Mayer said:
    >
    > > Please tell me more about " ...but to get it to work in the subscription Quicken you apparently have to cancel your old B.P. account and reset it to work with this newest Quicken".
    > >
    > > I still have my old B.P. account, but am trying to fully transition to the new B.P. Manager system. Should I cancel my old B.P. account? If so, how do I do cancel my old account?
    >
    > To reset your account you need to call BillPay ...it's the number Natalie listed in her post. If you want to BillPay 'til it drops dead in Quicken (31 Aug 20) then you have to talk to the B.P. people.
    >
    > I had to do the "Update/Send" twice as I had, apparently, multiple payments somehow logged needing attention ...try doing it multiple times.

Thanks for the reply.

I have now requested that my Quicken Bill Pay account at Metavante be deactivated since I'm ready to migrate fully to the new Quicken Bill Manager.

Unfortunately, doing the "Update/Send" multiple times has not resoved my problem with an online bill payment that needs to be sent.

Do you think I will need to wait until June 15th (when my old Bill Pay account has been deactivated) before this problem will be resolved?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Dave Mayer,

Thank you for posting back in with an update, although I apologize that the "payment to send" issue persists.

If you have not already, please take a look at the information and steps outlined here, and try deleting the online payment.

If you continue to receive the message after completing these steps, I suggest contacting Support directly for more advanced assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, including the ability to screen share with you, and can best work with you towards a resolution.

Additionally, we appreciate the feedback regarding the Support Article, and I will be sure to pass that along.

However, to clarify, you may move from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager at any time, up to the discontinuation date of August 31st, 2020. :)

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Dave Mayer
    Dave Mayer Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I called Customer support and they were able to fix the bill waiting to be sent problem.

The trick was to go to the account in Quicken that I was using to pay my bills using Quicken Bill Pay (i.e., my bill payment account). Then select Actions (i.e., the gear icon), Edit account details, select the Online Services tab, and then go to the section titled Online bill payment, and select Deactivate.

Now that the bill payment account has been deactivated in Quicken I can now run an online update and the "payment waiting to be sent" alert no longer appears.

Please consider adding these steps for deactivating the bill payment account in Quicken to the instructions on "How to move from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager" (at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-move-quicken-bill-pay-quicken-bill-manager).

Thanks to everyone for your assistance helping to solve this problem.
This discussion has been closed.