Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Downloading Data for Virginia 529 Plans (Virginia529, 529Invest)

Does anyone understand how to implement these instructions from the Virginia 529 plan site?

I've been maintaining the account manually in Quicken, but just got an email that the Virginia 529 plan now offers a data download for Quicken. I cannot find it in the list of supported download institutions, and I cannot understand exactly how to implement the directions.

What am I missing here?

Best Answer

Answers

• James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    (how do I edit a post by the way?)

Ooops.

I have Quicken Premier 2020.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Their instructions make little to no sense.  You MIGHT be able to log into Virginia 529 and initiate a "Web Connect" download ... but I'm not sure that even that will work.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Their instructions make little to no sense.  You MIGHT be able to log into Virginia 529 and initiate a "Web Connect" download ... but I'm not sure that even that will work.

I don't see any Web Connect option on the Virginia529 site when I log on. Maybe this is just being implemented and I'll see the Virginia529 listed as a supported institution in a future update to Quicken?
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    Cool, thanks for checking! So it's not me, it's them.