Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

New Bill Pay

Hi,
Trying to convert to new bill pay. When I enable my bank (bills & income, the gear,set yo quicken bill manager) quicken crashes (closes). I made a new file, and it works, so it the issue is in my old data file. Quicken latest version, reinstalled quicken, file validation (regular and super) already done. Is there a way to clear all the unseen online info? I don't want to start a new file, as I have over 20 years of data with investment cost data, and over 50 different accounts, and trying to recreate all the transfers and categories and budget would be a nightmare. Thanks.

Answers

• philquick
    philquick Member
    Hi. My file is corrupted somewhere related to online transactions. I would like to export all my transactions, accounts, investments, etc., and then import to a new file. What is the best way to do this so it keeps all my transfers, categories, etc.? Thanks
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an option, but a fair amount of work. Have you considered restoring your file to before the corruption? This is normally the first step to recover from data corruption.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • philquick
    philquick Member
    It goes way back. Tried. It is manifested by when I tried to activate the new bill pay. Quicken crashes.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • philquick
    philquick Member
    I think I got it. What I ended up doing is exporting the transactions for the bad account, deleted that account, and set it up as a new account, set up downloads, accepted the downloads, deleted all the new downloads, and then imported the export for that account. Prevented all the duplicates, and somehow deleted the problem.