Home Before you Buy

Why end support for Quicken Windows 2017 during a pandemic

It seems pretty heartless not to extend the deadline for Quicken 2017 for Windows given everything that's happening in the world right now. Even the Airlines are being nice and you know it takes a lot for them to be in a giving mood.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because that is what you agreed to when you agreed to the EULA that allowed you to install QW2017.
    You've been receiving notices of QW2017's expiration for MONTHS now ... well before the Covid outbreak ... and you could have renewed at any time.
    Shop around for other sources to buy Q.  WalMart, eBay, Amazon, Costco, etc almost always have better pricing than does Q itself.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it would not be fair to other users, of previous Quicken Years. Also Quicken 2017 was released in October, 2016 and the right to download from the Banks lasts 3 years and 6 months.

It does not go by the purchase date, but by the Release Date of Quicken 2017.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20215.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• LadySadieLadySadie Member
    The subscription model tells you that profit is the answer. I've used Quicken since early 80s and am now on the last days of 2017. Don't know if I will continue.
  • StanNJStanNJ Member
    I'm staying with Q-2017. I only used the online feature for the one-click stock price updates after the market is closed. I choose not to access financial institutions via Quicken. I did some research before updating to the new version, and it will take me me 5 minutes to do the updates in 2017 and I don't plan on updating to the new version. This is a secure way to capture prices online in a CSV file and import the data into Q-2017.
    1. Create a portfolio on Yahoo Finance only using ticker symbols. No need to enter anything else.
    2. Open your portfolio on Yahoo, and click Export.
    3. It immediately downloads a .csv file to your PC.
    4. Double click the file and it opens in Excel. (it's really just a text file). Quicken 2017 only requires the first 3 cols. Ticker, price and date (you can skip the date and enter it one time during the Quicken Import session. I edit the file in excel and delete the first row, and all cols after the date.
    5. Use Quicken Help for instructions on importing a CSV file. In Q-2017 It's 4 clicks, enter the file name, and click OK.
    People who do manual price entry and have Excel can make a spreadsheet with all of the tickers in col 1, enter the new prices in col 2, and if the date is the same for all, just enter the date in the Q-2017 Import process.
This discussion has been closed.