Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Password not being saved for TIAA Bank

Whenever I do an update I have to keep re-entering the password for TIAA Bank even though I've selected the check-box to "Save" the password.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    @chall3809

Thank you for trying the validate repair. We're going to try it again but this time we're going to try it in a bit of a different way. Go ahead and navigate to File -> File Operations. Once you're here before clicking on validate and repair hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard. Once those two buttons are held go ahead and click on validate and repair. It should look similar but instead the top option should read Super Validate Repair. Here's a photo to show what it should look like. 

This is essentially a deeper check to see if we're able to find the cause. Please try it out an let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Hello @chall3809

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is quite odd. Do any of your other passwords have the same issue? I'm wondering it's something that we could potentially fix with a validate and repair.

Could you go to the article here and if you go down a bit you'll see a step on how to do a validate and repair. It'll be listed as the fourth step on the page. Could we try that and see if we're able to save the password after trying this? 

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Francisco,

Thanks for reaching out. No, this doesn't happen with any of my other accounts/passwords. I performed the Validate/Repair on a copy of the file and everything passed with no errors. I tried to Update and Save the password again, but same problem - it will NOT save the password.

Chris
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    @chall3809

Thank you for trying the validate repair. We're going to try it again but this time we're going to try it in a bit of a different way. Go ahead and navigate to File -> File Operations. Once you're here before clicking on validate and repair hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard. Once those two buttons are held go ahead and click on validate and repair. It should look similar but instead the top option should read Super Validate Repair. Here's a photo to show what it should look like. 

This is essentially a deeper check to see if we're able to find the cause. Please try it out an let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Francisco - Super Validate ran and found no errors - it still didn't save the password when I selected the Save checkbox.
    What I did was totally reset the Password Vault and manually entered new passwords. This appears to have corrected the problem with it not saving the password.