Discover bill error

My bill reminders states my Discover bill "needs attention". When I click on the "fix" button, it prompts me for my username and password. The dialog box then states, "You've already added a biller {0} whose details match the biller you're trying to add. I cannot get rid of the "Needs attention" error.

Answers

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    @twarner1 I recently set up Quicken on my MacBook and I think I remember seeing something similar if not the same as you but I don't have it now. I think it was caused when I was setting up eBill with a credit card and I may be wrong but I believe I successfully set it up and it was still showing that error but I think you can clear that error and it will go away. To me it sounds like you have set it up and when you click on the error to fix it, it is trying to set it up a second time. I would try clearing the error (without clicking "Fix it") and see if it comes back. With me it didn't come back. Hope this helps.
    Windows Quicken user since Zip drives were a thing
    Quicken Deluxe on Windows and Mac
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. However, no matter what I do, I can't clear the Discover error. I never had any problem with this bill until I started having the dreaded Fifth Third OL-295-A error that supposedly was being fixed with "a small update". That still persists for me as well. This Quicken 2017 to a subscription product change has been nothing but a headache for me.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    I called Quicken and they had me click on the gear icon in the bills section and then select the "validate" bills. The program found errors with both Discover and Capitol One bills. I set up new online bills for these two banks and now have "...you should get the latest due date and amount when your bill is available". We will see...
    I had no problems with these two bills until this recent move to the subscription based Quicken. My Fifth Third accounts still won't update. I was told to wait for the final fix for that. Still a work in progress. :/
This discussion has been closed.