Home Quicken on the Web Product Ideas - Quicken on the Web

Option to NOT download bank transactions for Quicken on the Web

One frustration I have with Quicken on the Web is that it will download bank transactions EVERY TIME I log in, which could be a few times a day. This is a terrible waste of time and resources for a "feature" of Quicken. So I want the option for the mobile and web apps to NOT download bank transactions - either by account or at least a global enable/disable switch. My rationale is that I have spent years with Quicken for Windows training it to handle various transactions which the mobile and web apps do not. In fact, I spend more time fixing those transactions when they download than if they would just match up with my scheduled and/or memorized transactions. I do want the ability to use the mobile and web apps to log transactions that are more complex or just to assign the appropriate expense category, and then have those download into my desktop Quicken. But the more Quicken migrates to the web, the less I want to use it because it is making MORE work for me, not less.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try EDIT, Preferences, Startup and UNcheck "Download Transactions when Quicken starts"
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • augustinejpaugustinejp Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Try EDIT, Preferences, Startup and UNcheck "Download Transactions when Quicken starts"

That is for the desktop version. And is it unchecked there because I want full control over where and when my transactions go over the internet. Which is why I want a similar switch for mobile and web apps.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your initial post, you use the word Download several times ... but re-reading that post you seem to be assigning multiple meanings to it.
    SO, can you please edit your message (via the Gear icon to the right of the title) to clarify download from what into what.
    From the FI into Mobile?  From the FI into the Web?  Downloading from the FI into your desktop? Downloading from the Mobile into the desktop?  etc.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • augustinejpaugustinejp Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA - I tried to update the post for clarity, but the editor won't let me save it. So, let me try to clarify. I have the Quicken Cloud sync turned on for some of my accounts in Quicken for Windows. I have financial institution login credentials saved in the Quicken Vault to download transactions for some accounts. These credentials are synchronized to the cloud. So whenever I login to the cloud with the mobile app or the website app (app.quicken.com), a transaction download from the FI to the cloud is initiated -- but without my consent. What I want is that same setting you noted above for the desktop version to be available for the Cloud-based apps to prevent a FI to cloud transaction download when I log in.