Why do I receive the msg "syncing quicken and quicken cloud" after I restoring a backup?

I receive the msg "syncing quicken and quicken cloud" after I restoring a backup that is on my computer. This started 2-3 days ago. I don't use the quicken cloud.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make certain you have Sync Quicken Cloud unchecked in the OSU settings. If this is the state you have selected, I suspect this may be a change Quicken Inc introduced in R26.15 to remedy the EWC issues and this will become the norm.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Quicken will synchronize some state with the Quicken Cloud even when we have never enabled the sync.  From what I have been able to deduce, we're minimally required to synchronize some information associated with dataset and file identifiers associated with our Quicken ID.  To view the communication: select Help > Log Files and Cloud Sync Log. 

What appears to be new is Quicken is attempting to show us what it is working on where we previously would simply have a busy cursor.
  • maxstep1
    maxstep1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. This is a new condition since installing R25.15. The Cloud Sync Log appears to be for just the current day, so there is no way to know when it started.
  • maxstep1
    maxstep1 Member ✭✭
    I receive this msg on my computer where I have R26.15 installed and not on my other computer that has R25.18. I guess that means the problem is in the latest update. I tried to send to Quicken Support from the program but it failed twice. What should I do next to male them aware?
  • Hello @maxstep1

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Are you still having issues with the cloud/sync? Just to make sure it's off could you go across the top to edit -> Preferences -> mobile and web. Once here you should find a button in the middle that says on or off. We just want to make sure that it's off so that way you don't get anymore cloud popups.

If you just want to make sure and then let us know if anythings still popping up let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• maxstep1
    maxstep1 Member ✭✭
    Still having the same problem, and the sync button is "off."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @maxstep1

Thank you for the response and for letting us know the results of the steps.

While the Quicken Cloud is used for the mobile and web app there are other functions it performs and if you use any of the below features as well as downloading accounts using Express Web Connect, this uses the Quicken Cloud.

The Quicken Cloud also facilitates the use of Online Services such as eBillers/Online Billers, Investment Quote Updates, Credit Score Updates, and more.

To learn more about the Quicken Cloud, please see the information available HERE.

I hope this helps

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • maxstep1
    maxstep1 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Tyka. I think the only Quicken services I use directly are downloading of quotes and transactions. My concern is that, as I mentioned above, the issue did not start until the R26.15 update was applied to one of my computers. Is there any explanation for that? I don't directly use any cloud services because I don't want any of my data stored there. Thank you.
  • jwheeler53
    jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
    I have started to have the same problem. For the last two or three weeks, each time I do a restore from backup, after the restore is complete I get the message 'Syncing Quicken and Quicken Cloud'. I get this message for each of the two accounts I have and on both CPUs, my laptop and desktop. Both are running the latest windows 10 and Quicken Deluxe R26.23. I have tried all the above recommendations to no avail. Any new ideas?
This discussion has been closed.