Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Does One Step Update connect to AAFES Military Star Card - using 2FA ?

I've been trying to link a bill reminder to Military Star Card to download transactions. I get as far as selecting my telephone number for two step secutity and I get a message and error has occurred and it's not my fault. I've deleted the credit card account and re-created it, signed out of Quicken and signed in to no avail. Does one step update support transaction download from AAFES Military Star Card?
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Singer - AAFES is on the FI list (under Credit Card) so you should be able to connect with it and download transactions into Quicken.  There might be one or more issues that could be causing this issue for you:
    1)  The FI could be doing system maintenance (most commonly done late at night and on weekends) or the FI could be having some system issue.  The only solution to this is to try again at another time or on another day.  Note - These things might or might not affect logging into your online account.  It is not unusual that the FI will still allow online access but stop access via Quicken or other personal finance management software during these instances.
    2) There is a known current issue that has been causing connection and account set up issues for the last couple of weeks as described in this Alert:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874067/ongoing-4-16-20-you-may-experience-errors-updating-some-of-your-accounts#latest.  This issue affects more FIs than are included in the Alert.  I and others have observed it is less of an issue when running OSU or attempting to set up an account when done at night (after 8/9 pm CDT).
    3)  Some FIs require some sort of pre-authorization or that specific steps be followed for the 1st time you want to connect with Quicken.  You will need to get that information from the FI.  They often will provide instructions for connection with Quicken on their website or in your online account if they do have a special process requirement.
    4)  Quicken and 2FA are known to not always play well together. 
    • I haven't tried to set up a new account when 2FA is required so the only suggestion I have is to try and try again or see if you can turn off 2FA in your online account (at least until your account gets set up). 
    • After the account is set up, during OSU the 2FA process often fails.  When that happens I and others have observed that updating the account individually (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now) and not via OSU often works well.
    • If all else fails, you could try and set up the Web Connect connection method by downloading and importing transactions from your online account in QFX  or "Quicken" format.  Many but not all FIs offer downloads in this format.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)