Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Recent and Future Transaction Report

I heard this was the place to enter feature requests, so here it is. I think the solution I am looking for is a new report that contains transactions over a relative time frame from today back a certain number of days/weeks and forward (future transactions) a certain number of days/weeks. The future transactions should be reported separately from the past transactions..

Use Case/User Story - I am using Quicken to help my parents manage their finances. I would like to generate a report of transactions that shows them what happened over the last week (maybe 2 or 3 weeks sometimes) AND over the next 3-4 weeks (or perhaps all future transactions that are entered into a register), so they can make sure credit card and banking transactions match what they did, that income matches their expectations, and that bills will be paid on time.

It is possible to make something like this happen now, but it involves creating a custom transaction report (custom dates) each time, exporting it to Excel, then sorting out past vs future transactions and reformatting into a readable format. Since the number of transactions is variable, automatic formatting of the report in Excel takes a number of manual operations, or VBA could be written to make it "one click" to format. It would be a lot simpler if the report was available directly from Quicken.

One possible alternative is an "all future transactions" report, that show everything queued up in a register from tomorrow on.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a Banking Transaction report with the date range of say 30 days ago to the end of the year.

If you save a report with the date range of Yearly/Current year then all you have to do is change the start date, which you can do with a few clicks on the calendar. You can select accounts and group by account if you want.

If you want separate reports of past and future transactions, you could do "Last 30 days" and current year with the start set to today.

Note these will only pick up transactions that are already in your register, not Reminders.

Would this meet your needs?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Thanks for the response Jim, and it kind of works but not really because that solution includes all the transactions in the totals, including future transactions. There is also no clear demarcation of when "today" is in the report - you have to look at the report date, then look down the list of dates to know what it past and what is future. I tried it out and it just caused confusion. The better solution seems to be (assuming no changes to Quicken's functions) manually creating a separate report of "future" transactions.

I appreciate the time and thought!
  • Don Click
    Don Click Member
    I believe I have the same request. I like to enter all known/expected future bills for the month and run a report. I just entered a transaction for 9/1/20 and ran a report through 9/2/20, but the report only included transactions through 8/13/20 (the last transaction for this category). Quicken used to have this capability. It also shows up when reconciling - it will only show current and past transactions, it will not include future transactions. Is there a setting in Quicken to allow for including future transactions when reconciling and reports?