Quicken Deluxe R26.15 becomes unresponsive in one step update. Why??

Quicken Deluxe R26.15 becomes unresponsive in one step update. Why??

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same thing.  It might be an issue with R26.15 (although it doesn't always happen with me so I don't think it is).  I've also noticed that if I wait long enough (several minutes) it does usually complete.
    Or it might be related to 2FA (I have 4 Quicken files and this slow response has only been observed in the 2 files that have 2FA accounts). If you have any 2FA accounts you are trying to update in OSU you could remove them from OSU (uncheck them in "Update Settings") and see if OSU works better for you. 
    Or you might want to run OSU at night (after 8/9 pm CDT) when it seems to work better for me and others.
    Or you might want to download and install the Mondo Patch (https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product) which will update your program to R26.17 (just recently released) and see if that helps.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • Paul Schneider
    Paul Schneider Member ✭✭
    I have updated Quicken Deluxe to 26.21 build 27.1.26.21. I have created a new Quicken file from scratch. I set up a couple of bank accounts, did the transaction update and Quicken goes "unresponsive". The screen jumps around from one application to another (not even Quicken related)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Paul Schneider

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the late response. Are you still having the issue? If you are is it still behaving the same way it was before as well?  Did you try the mondo patch that boatnmaniac recommended? I know you updated the program but the mondo patch can sometimes help us. 

When you get a chance just let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Paul Schneider
    Paul Schneider Member ✭✭
    I have found that If I do the update in "safe mode" it works. It looks like that may be my "work around".
  • Big Moe
    Big Moe Member ✭✭
    Still VERY SLOW!
  • Paul Schneider
    Paul Schneider Member ✭✭
    Still have to run Quicken in safe mode. Runs fast in safe mode.
This discussion has been closed.