Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What Damage Did the Last Patch Do - Lots!!! EDIT --> was due to my Ransomware being turned ON

s Last week My Quicken Home and Business Uploaded an automatic patch/update. After that day I have had the following problems:

1) My Password safe is empty and I am unable to load AND SAVE passwords.

2) I cannot backup my Quicken files - When I click on CTL+B nothing happens .. the same when I use the dropdown menu under FILE.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED AND WHAT IS QUICKEN DOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP?

Best Answer

• Ernie Hayden
    Ernie Hayden Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Today I spoke with Quicken Technical Support. The problem preventing the Quicken application to allow me to make a backup, do a restoration, or get the proper view of the password safe was due to me turning on the Microsoft Security Ransomware Protection Switch.

I had turned on the "Controlled Folder Access" switch thus preventing / blocking Quicken from access to multiple folders/files. Once the switch was turned off my Quicken returned to "proper" operations.

Many thanks to Quicken Technical Support for helping resolve this issue!

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Ernie Hayden" ,

Simply restore your last Manual Backup file you created.

I had an update do what you stated happened. I simply restored the last Manual Backup I made and after I restored it, everything worked just fine.

I did not have to do anything else.

I always make a Manual Backup, before I close Quicken with Add Date to File Name checked. Especially after making changes, like downloading Transactions.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Ernie Hayden
    Ernie Hayden Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your thoughts but when I go to "Restore..." nothing happens. Similar to when I click on make backup.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Run the Mondo patch from Quicken support site.  https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Then load a backup file from just before you performed the automatic update.
  • Ernie Hayden
    Ernie Hayden Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Today I spoke with Quicken Technical Support. The problem preventing the Quicken application to allow me to make a backup, do a restoration, or get the proper view of the password safe was due to me turning on the Microsoft Security Ransomware Protection Switch.

I had turned on the "Controlled Folder Access" switch thus preventing / blocking Quicken from access to multiple folders/files. Once the switch was turned off my Quicken returned to "proper" operations.

Many thanks to Quicken Technical Support for helping resolve this issue!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I've had NO problems with the 27.1.26.17 update.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.