PNC Bank and Capital One not updating

PNC Bank and Capital One not updating. Tried disabling and re-enabling, no joy.

Comments

• Hello @lyman sosbey

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I see that you have tried deactivating and reactivating  already with no luck. I just have a couple of questions here. Which version are you on? You can check by going across the top to help -> About quicken. What error messages were you getting with each specific bank? Do you have other accounts that are still working fine?  Once we get a bit more info we can see what we're able to do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    PNC is working again for me. Give it another try.
  • @jfclague

Good to hear that one of your connections came back. Have you had any luck with Capital one just yet? If not could you let me know the error code that comes back when you try updating. Thanks for the update!

-Quicken Francisco
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Capital one has worked for me for at least a week

• @jfclague

Good to hear then! Sorry that I misunderstood earlier then. I believe you should be good to go then. Let us know if you do receive any more issues.

-Quicken Francisco
  • I spoke with PNC Bank on 4/29/20. This was customer service rep in charge of Quicken service with PNC Bank. They said that the Quicken service is down with no expected return date. So the problem is not you or the Quicken program. It basically makes my Quicken useless. The "no expected return date" is a problem. I may need to switch over full time (change my employer's direct deposit) to credit union accounts I also have. They still work. ( Police and Fire Federal Credit Union)
  • wruthrauff
    wruthrauff Member
    For what it's worth, I also spoke with PNC Bank. At their suggestion, I deactivated then reactivated the PNC accounts. Now, my transactions downloaded from PNC Bank.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    Hasn't worked in two weeks. Per wruthrauff's suggestion, I deactivated and then did a setup again. After many cycles of security confirmations, it connected today. I wonder about tomorrow?
    - Jim S.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @[email protected], @wruthruff, & @jimshu1,

Just curious - which method to you use to connect with PNC?  I use Direct Connect and have had no connectivity issues.  If you are using another method - I suggest that you change to Direct Connect, since it is a more reliable connection.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    I use Direct Connect for PNC Checking and Savings. Never had an issue. With PNC credit cards, you have to sue Express Web Connect. That is where the problem was, and may still be. Only time will tell.
    - Jim S.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @jimshu1,

I understand that credit card accounts are the weak point.  Hopefully things will improve.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    Express Web Connect is still working OK with PNC VISA.
    - Jim S.
This discussion has been closed.