R26.17 update Quicken for Windows 2020 - causes crashes

jmrydzon1
jmrydzon1 Member ✭✭
This morning I was prompted to update to build 27.1.26.17
The Chase one step update worked find, but the online transactions crashed with a BugSplat message. I ignored it--didn't know what it was so restarted Quicken and tried updating online transactions and it crashed again with a black screen.

Here's a question. How thoroughly are these updates tested? As a 20+ years Quicken user, I have never seen as many issues as in the last 5 months. I love Quicken and will hate changing to another application. Please fix it.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @jmrydzon1 - I and others have been reporting issues when updating from within Quicken to R26.15 and R26.17.  What has been working well is to download and install the Mondo Patch.  You might want to try that:  https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • jmrydzon1
    jmrydzon1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @boatnmaniac, but the same thing happened. Quicken gets stuck processing online data
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    If you have Sync turned on in Preferences, try turning it off and running without it for a while.
  • jmrydzon1
    jmrydzon1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding! I’ll try it tomorrow
  • bernicelai
    bernicelai Member
    Hi Boatmanic, do you know a Mondo Patch for Windows 7 Home system?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @bernicelai .  Quicken discontinued support of Win 7 concurrent with MS' discontinued support of it this past January.  So, no, there is no Mondo Patch that is designed to support Win 7.  That being said, you should be able to continue using your current Quicken revision with Win 7 without issue but if you run into issues Quicken Support will not help you resolve them. 
    Some have said that installing Quicken now with Win 7 is not possible but some of the Quicken information on the website is not so clear about that as the FAQs there indicate that it might be possible if you run the install in compatibility mode.
    If I were running Win 7 I don't think I'd take the risk of trying to install the Mondo Patch and would simply continue running the Quicken revision that is already installed. Then, again, if I were running Win 7 I'd seriously consider upgrading to Win 10 at a minimum to make sure I continue to keep my system as secure as possible (MS is no longer providing any security support for Win 7) and to make sure I can continue to update Quicken.
    You might want to read the following post thread on this subject:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870590/will-quicken-still-work-on-windows-7
    Also, here is the link to what the Quicken website says about Win 7:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-system-requirements
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • bernicelai
    bernicelai Member
    Hi Boatnmaniac, thank you.