Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

When setting up Bill Manager my bank account doesn't show up in Payment Accounts. What do I do?

In Account Details for my bank it says that Wells Fargo Checking is set up for Quicken Bill Pay. Do I have to Deactivate this before I can set up Bill Manager?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RLBEACH,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Please, review this support article and click on the blue dropdown section titled Enable a payment account for Quick Pay under Quicken for Windows.

If you have already done that or it doesn't work, then yes, you will need to deactivate Quicken Bill Pay first and try again.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • RLBEACH
    RLBEACH Member
    Thank you, Quicken Anja, In Account Details I went to Online bill payment, and where it said "Wells Fargo Checking is set up for Quicken Bill Pay" I clicked on Deactivate. Then I tried the Bill Manager setup again and there was still no Wells Fargo account shown in the Payment Accounts for Quicken Bill Manager list. Is there a there a better way to deactivate Bill Pay?
  • abittman
    abittman Member ✭✭
    I was advised against deactivating Quicken Bill Pay just yet.

Where I believe you can see if the account set up for Bill Manager is under "Bills&Income" tab and click on the Gear (upper left) and click on "Payment Accounts"
  • RLBEACH
    RLBEACH Member
    Thanks abittman. I agree that deactivating Quicken Bill Pay is not a good idea now. I read in a previous post that Bill Pay can exist along with Bill Manager so that both could be used up until the cutoff date. I'm just worried that there might be a glitch in my Quicken setup that prevents my Wells Fargo bank account from showing up under Payment Accounts in the Bill Manager setup routine. Do you think that reinstalling Quicken would help? I'm not a sophisticated user so that might be more than I can handle without help. I'd like to get this figured out before the deadline is upon us! I've called Quicken Help about this problem but they were no help (blamed it on the bank, who in turn blamed it on Quicken). I have followed all the Bill Manager setup directions and have reviewed the bank account details in Account Details. I also clicked on the Gear (upper left as you stated) but I did not find a place to click on "Payment Accounts" specifically. However, I did go through everything under "Account List". Hope you can help1