Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Download Amazon purchase info, matching them with the transactions downloaded from online banking

In Quicken, when I go over the downloaded transactions from my bank, I spend the majority of the time on the Amazon purchases I made - Need to go to the Amazon website and find the purchase in my order history to figure out what I bought, then go back to Quicken and put it in the appropriate category.

It'd be great if Quicken could link to my Amazon account, and download the name of the product I bought, assigning this to the matching transaction downloaded from my bank (or something similar). Thanks!
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Product bought" isn't a defined entity in the download specs that have been agreed upon by Q/Intuit and thousands of banks.
    I doubt that you can get ALL of this worlds vendors to provide that to the banks, so I'd evaluate your chance of this ever happening as Unlikely.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are asking for the impossible.

Here is one payee from a purchase I made (there is no memo in the downloaded information):
    Amazon.com*GX0PA24V3

Note that GX0PA24V3 isn't order number or any part of it.

What's more you can order 10 items from Amazon, and they can be billed/shipped in any combination, so the amount of the transaction and the order total don't line up.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Quicken doesn't have access to your Amazon account or any way to "transfer information" since there isn't any standard for that kind of exchange of information.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Jim RobinsonJim Robinson Member ✭✭
    Still, perhaps Amazon could offer the information in a download format that could then be imported into Quicken? It's a great idea and I too would find it hugely helpful. Unlikely though.