Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I have been using QUICKEN for windows for 15+ years. I am now ready to give up on it for the reason

When I sign in to QUICKEN, I can add a transaction. However, when I save the transaction and try to enter a new transaction, I cannot. QUICKEN will not give me a new line. Never had that problem with earlier versions of QUICKEN. Must be a bug in recent versions.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2020
    More info needed.
    What Q Product are you running, and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  Also, if it's present, what's your "Valid Thru" date?
    Next HOW are you trying to enter that transaction?  And what type of account?  When you're trying to input that transaction, what does the VERY top line of your Q window read ... starting with the Red Q logo?
    BTW, if this was a Q bug ... then wouldn't EVERYONE be experiencing it?  It's more likely to be something specific to your Q data file.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I have Quicken Premier, release R26.17.
    Valid date is November 2020 with automatic renewal.
    I have been using Quicken for many years, and it is only in this recent version that I have had a problem.
    When I enter Quicken there is a blank line at the bottom of the data list. After I enter a transaction, and either (or both) SAVE the transaction and or hit return, in all my previous years of using Quicken, that would give me new blank line to enter a new transaction. With the version I have, it remains on the same line. I cannot get a new blank transaction line.
    The problem occurs whether I use one of my accounts, banking, or another account checking.
    As I want to stress, I have been using Quicken for many years, and for about 2+ years with the same computer.
    It is only with the recent updates in the last several months that this has occurred.
    I have now resorted to using Excel since I have just about given up on Quicken

Stan Sandler
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's start with some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the stuck new transaction you just entered, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest