Quicken Mobile/Web Investments are incorrect.

dc600
dc600 Member ✭✭
Quicken Mobile and Quicken on the Web show different security holdings (always more) than my PC based accounts (Quicken Canada Home & Business. I have super-validated the accounts, built and rebuilt the dataset more times than I can count, but the errors keep coming back. My though is that there is an issue with the transmission from the PC based program to the Mobile/Web platforms.

Any and all insight or comparable experiences would be appreciated

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dc600

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help isolate what could be causing this issue.

By showing different holdings, do you mean different amounts or different holdings that you no longer have in the data file?

Are you seeing this on the "Investment Summary" section on the web app or by selecting a specific investment account?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dc600
    dc600 Member ✭✭
    There are both types of errors. In one account it is the number of shares. In another there is an investment that was never held in that particular account.

The errors show up on the app if you display securities by account, or by security.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dc600

Thank you for the response and additional details, if you haven't done so already I would start by resetting the cloud.

Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    Once the reset has been completed, please sign out of the Web app and sign back in and confirm if the values are still incorrect after completing this process.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dc600
    dc600 Member ✭✭
    I have done all of these things..supervalidated..reset..deleted..None of them work
  • dc600
    dc600 Member ✭✭
    I also rebuilt the investing lots. I would suggest that either there is a flaw in the process that takes the information to the App, or Quicken has somehow corrupted the file such that its validation processes do not work.
  • Billyrubicon
    Billyrubicon Member
    dc600 - I'm experiencing the same issues with investments. I have a mix of stock, ETFs, mutual funds, etc. The PC version balances with the financial institutions to the penny. My mobile app is always higher and seems to have issues with certain tickers. I've done all resetting of cloud data as well to no avail. I'm testing different scenarios to see if I can find a work around. I wish there a way to validate the contents of what is stored in the cloud. This would tell me if there is an extract problem or the issue is displaying the data. There has to be a better way to manage cloud data.
  • dc600
    dc600 Member ✭✭
    i tried to get help from support a couple of days ago. Was told to "Report a Problem"..meaning no one was going to try and resolve my issue.
This discussion has been closed.