Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Categories & Downloaded ID

Using Win8.1. Finished installing Premier 2020. When accepting/matching downloaded transactions into the register the following happens: a. the category is removed; b. transaction doesn't get a downloaded number; and, c. the "clr" column is not marked with a "c".

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's start with some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

As to this problem, if if it still persists now ...
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest
  • rodrife
    rodrife Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR,

Many thanks for your help. I did troubleshoot by reinstalling the build for Premier 2020. Prior to install I had a few downloaded transactions that were waiting for me to match all--but 3 old entries which were already matched--were gone. Of the remaining three, the first one I re-matched removed the category, then matching the other two entries didn't remove the category. So, until i download more entries this will be a wait and see thing.

Once again, UKR, thank you I appreciate you.
    Rodrife
  • rodrife
    rodrife Member ✭✭
    Hello,
    As follow-up to past posting, I've been waiting for further bank downloads into quicken to learn if original problem has been resolved. Well, I am unable to check if problem solved: I've tried to download transactions thru normal quicken process quicken will not show any of the transactions, the "continue" button in the download transaction field is highlighted so I clicked on that but that fails to download anything. I've gone to my bank's website in attempt to download account activity from there but without success.
    Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @rodrife

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

If you still have not received any new transactions, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know if this works to correct the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rodrife
    rodrife Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Thank you for your message.
    I must tell you I am getting really upset with this matter. this has come about as a result of downloading Quicken Premier 2020...I actually paid money to Quicken so that i could have this problem. Unfortunately, the information within the link has nothing to do with the problem. I need real help in resolving Quicken issues! Can someone be assigned to taking charge and resolving this matter.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.