Unable to Create Quicken Account

I just purchased Quicken Premier 2019 2-year subscription. I received an email confirmation for my purchase, but am unable to set up my Quicken Account. When I try to register, I get an error saying: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, let us know."

Is there a known issue? If so, is there a timeline for resolution?

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @abarry24,

I am sorry that you haven't gotten a reply yet.

Can you give us some additional information that will help us to help you?  Here's what we need to know:
    • Did you purchase the subscription directly from Quicken, if not where did you buy it?
    • Are you currently a Quicken user - if so which tier (Starter, Deluxe, Premier or H&B) and which year (e.g. prior subscription, Q 2017, earlier than 2017, something else?
    • Exactly what did you do right before you received the error message?
    Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • abarry24
    abarry24 Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Frankx . Responses below.

- Yes, purchased directly from Quicken.
    - Yes, I have an existing Quicken file (used with Premier 2017). However, I no longer have access the the email affiliated with that Quicken account, so would like to make a new one. When making the purchase, I did indicate that I was an existing quicken user. However, I need to create a new Quicken account.
    - I had just purchased the software right before I tried to make the account. However, I have returned several times and tried to use the create an account feature, and I am getting the same error message.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @abarry24 ,

When you purchased directly from Quicken.com, did you receive the receipt via email for your purchased?

Use your browser, like Firefox to go to: https://www.quicken.com/
    Click SIGN IN and click My Account.

Sign in using your Email Address associated with your Quicken 2017 Account.

Check to see if you see Download Quicken in that Account.

If you do, you can change your Email Address to the new one.

If you don't see Download Quicken, Sign Out.

Go back to https://www.quicken.com/  Click SIGN IN and click My Account.

Enter your Confirmation Email Address that you received the Email from.
    Below SIGN IN, click password?, across from Forgot.

Your new Quicken Account was already created, but you need to reset the Password, associated with the Quicken User ID, that was set up for you.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R33.24  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21390.1010
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1052

Note: Holding Down the Shift Key or Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when clicking About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• abarry24
    abarry24 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I received an order confirmation email. My existing Quicken file was created on a shared family computer using my dad's Quicken ID, so I need to set up a new Quicken ID now that I'm on my own. When I purchased Quicken, I used my personal email address.

I tried the "Forgot your Quicken ID or password?" option using the email address I used to purchase Quicken, but didn't receive any emails related to that. I've tried again to create an account using my email address, but I'm still getting the same error message.
  • thecreator
    Hi @abarry24 ,

You are using your Browser and not Quicken, to create the New Account?

See / Read this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Call, don't use Chat, on Monday, Quicken Support.

When did you purchased Quicken Premier 2019, you wrote above?

When you purchased Quicken from Quicken.com, activation occurred when you purchased Quicken.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R33.24  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA

Note: Holding Down the Shift Key or Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when clicking About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• abarry24
    abarry24 Member ✭✭
    I made the purchase on Friday, May 1. Yes, I'm using my browser to create the account. My confirmation email says to go to Quicken.com/my-account to download the software, but can't set up my account to get through.

I purchased Premier, which is supposed to include priority access to support, but to get that info, you need to log in, which I am unable to do. I will try calling.
  • thecreator

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @abarry24

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. If you wouldn't mind could you directly message me with your order number and I'll take a look to see if I can see anything that's causing these issues. 

Once you get a chance send me that message and I'll get back to you as quick as I can!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• abarry24
    abarry24 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco

Thanks for the offer to help. I clicked on your profile, and also went to my inbox, but didn't see a way to initiate a direct message. However, I was able to reply to a direct message sent by someone else.

Would you mind sending me a direct message so that I can reply with my order number? Thanks for the help!
  • nasievert
    nasievert Member
    @abarry24

Did you end up resolving this issue? I'm having the save problem now.
This discussion has been closed.