Home Before you Buy

Why do I have to subscribe to the Quicken now in I have bought it befor?

atosipovatosipov Member ✭✭
Dear Quicken owners, you have chosen the worst time to transfer the owners of Quicken to a subscription. I, like many self-employed, have big, big problems in my business. Many self-respecting companies are trying to help their customers in this difficult time. Quicken, on the contrary, complicates the lives of his clients. It 's unworthy to do.

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you installed your current Q product, you greed to the "End User License Agreement".  Q would not have installed had you not agreed.
    In that EULA it describes the "termination of services" agreement that's part of the EULA.  That termination of service happened yesterday.
    And NOTE, that you did NOT buy Quicken.  You couldn't have afforded to buy Quicken.  What you bought was a License to run Quicken, subject to the EULA.
    You've been getting notices for months about that termination of services ... so the current COVID situation really isn't any reason to be complaining.  You could have bought Q back in February.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing that says you have to upgrade to subscription Quicken.  Your version of Quicken will function just as it has for the last three years except you will now have to manually enter all of the transactions since online features are no longer supported.  Lots of users NEVER even use any of the online features, so there is nothing that prevents you from doing so now.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.