Bug in "convert to lending loan" feature of an asset.

I lent some money, so I have a loan asset created in Quicken. My particular loan is an interest only loan, so it doesn't work well with Quicken's "convert to lending loan" feature, unfortunately.

In realizing that, though, I found a small bug, or at least what I would consider something that should be fixed.

Basically, once I enter the "convert to lending loan" wizard there's no way for me to get out of it. I have to either complete the process of converting it (which I wasn't wanting to do since it won't handle interest only )or End Task in Quicken in order to get out.

Here's a video of the experience: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgjQtqQX0zpKq5AZ7QCruPE9t1rChg?e=bUX4ef
Tagged:

Comments

• Andrew Angell
    Andrew Angell Member ✭✭✭
    Year: 2020
    Version: R26.17
    Build: 27.1.26.17
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    As an Interest Only loan, you don't need the Amortization function of a normal "lending loan".
    Just create your Loan asset, and record the periodic interest payments received.  When the loan is repaid (in whole or part) record that money as a transfer FROM the Loan to your checking account.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Andrew Angell
    Andrew Angell Member ✭✭✭
    @NotACPA Yes, but then it doesn't provide a nice monthly statement like the actual converted loan does. Printing the account register itself sort of works, but it's not very pretty/professional.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Andrew Angell

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue.

I was able to successfully recreate this on my Quicken data file.

This bug has been reported for further investigation, I will respond back when I further details.

Thank you!

[FIXED R28]
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.