Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Sync to cloud

The option "remind me to sync with Quicken Cloud on exit" stopped working. I have to remember to do it manually.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Fred Spilka

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. If you go across the top of your quicken you'll see a spot that says mobile & web. After clicking here you should see a small drop down with one of the options letting us select remind me to sync to cloud on exit.

Please let me know if this helps resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Fred Spilka
    Fred Spilka Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco. However, if you look at my original question., you'll see that this option stopped working. I'm trying to find out how to fix it.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

@Fred Spilka

My mistake for not understanding correctly. What exactly happens? Does it not pop up or does it freeze? What version of quicken are you on? You can go to help -> about quicken.  Did this happen recently or an ongoing issue for a while?

We could try a validate and repair to see if what happens. 

1. Go to File > File Operations > Copy (do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure).
    2. Leave all the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (change nothing on this screen). Simply click OK
    3. After the Copy is complete, choose to Open New Copy.
    4. In the New Copy, go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
      • If your issue was with Investment account(s) slowness or other data issues with an investment account, be sure to also select Rebuild Lots during this procedure.
    5. After the Validation process is finished, you will see the Data_Log appear in a Notepad window. This file is a summary of the Validation results.
    6. Review the Data_Log.txt for messages pertaining to the quality of your data and resolve any that are advised with instructions you should follow.

Try out the validate and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Fred Spilka
    Fred Spilka Member ✭✭
    Francisco thanks for the information. I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020, version R26.21. The sync reminder stopped popping up a few weeks ago. However, the instructions you offer seem like quite a lot to do without knowing that the problem will be corrected. As a workaround, I've added a 'sync now' button to my toolbar and will trust my memory to use it. Thanks again. Fred
This discussion has been closed.