Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Closing or backingup Quicken it would crash

I have posted about this issue previously, but now I know what is causing it. Every time I ran One Step Update and then tried to close or backup the program it would crash. This did it on 2 different computers and 2 different versions of Windows. It started out occasional and escalated to all most every time I worked with Quicken. When I posted the issue previously multiple people said it was the data file. Ran super validate and no issues. Started to figure out the issue and what I was doing differently when it only occasionally did it.
When updates become available, I wait and do not initially take them when they are first issued due to the problems that can occur. What I do is in the One Step Update Summary I click the hyperlink “See What’s in this update” to see if there are any addition updates. Since I normally do not take the upgrade for several weeks, I do this every time I use OSU. This what has been causing the crashes. If I do not click the hyperlink Quicken does not crash on backup or on exiting. Is anyone else having this issue?
Quicken 2020
R24.14
Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dnelson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

The crashing you're experiencing may be due to being 6 releases behind. If the crash is related to the R24.14 version, this version would be considered "unsupported" at this time as there are current versions available.

As a test, I rolled my version back to R26.15 which is a version behind the most recent version is R26.17 I was able to view the "See What's New" and was able to save a backup and close Quicken without experiencing any crashing.

If you are interested in updating, please save a backup and either update through the program or apply the latest patch available HERE.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dukiengr
    dukiengr Member ✭✭
    Like dnelson I'm experiencing a crash on every exit and every attempt to backup my file. Unlike his observation it does not appeat to be tied to one step update. It started after the latest update, which I received late last week.

Monroe
    Quicken Premier
    R26.21
    Windows 10 vers 1809
  • Joseph Hanna
    Joseph Hanna Member ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue as dukiengr, same version. Sorry Tyka, you suggest saving a backup, but we can't backup, the program crashes.  Hope Quicken fixes this soon, frequent backups are needed since budgets disappear frequently.  I'm getting tired of paying a subscription fee for a product that continues to have stupid little problems.
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member
    I'm having the same issue as dukiengr and Joseph Hanna. Spent an hour and a half on the phone with support to go through uninstalling, Qcleaning, re-installing, manually deleting old folders, manually updating using the Mondo patch. Finally got it to work once but as soon as I backed up my data file it crashed. Now every launch crashes the program.

I'm on R26.21, Home & Business, but using Windows 7.

Just upgraded today from 2017 and this is how I'm welcomed...thank goodness I still have 364 days left on my subscription!
  • yoeleven
    yoeleven Member
    I am having the same issue.
    Ever since the last update, Quicken crashes almost every time I back-up Quicken. This is very frustrating. Has anyone or has Quicken fixed this issue??
  • I'm having the same issue and have version R26.21. It started with the version before this. The program also crashes when I select the "investing" tab. Additionally, I have found that if I open the program by selecting another Quicken file that is smaller than my main file and then open my main file (358,464 KB) this will not occur and the program is stable.
  • dnelson
    dnelson Member ✭✭
    Have a test file on another computer with the most update version of Quicken on it and I'm experiencing a crash on every exit and every attempt to backup my file.

Quicken 2020
    R26.21
    Windows 10
  • dsfQ
    dsfQ Member
    Hello - same issue here. I've spent hours on the phone with support. They led me through all sorts of steps, including reboots, Windows updates, Quicken program reinstall, Validate, Super-validate. After all those steps, Quicken is still crashing with Bugsplat upon exit or trying to backup. This all began on May 7, immediately after allowing Quicken to install the latest update patch.
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member
    Just downloaded R26.23 which is supposed to address this issue.

So far so good. Let's hope it stays that way.
  • dnelson
    dnelson Member ✭✭
    Interesting I only have available Release R26.21.
This discussion has been closed.