"Remove Completed" items button/link in To Do bar not Showing

Upgraded from 2017 to 2020

QWin HB&RP R26.17
Win 10 Pro V 1909 OS build 18363.778 (64-bit)

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I would start with uninstalling using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jimwin
    jimwin Member ✭✭
    Tyka, I am running into the same problem. I have Quicken Premier for WIndows R26.17 and sometimes the Remove Completed Items appears but most of the time it's not there. If flashes on the screen when opening up other Quicken windows.

I newly installed Quicken subscription on May 1st after using the Qclean utility (I previously was using Quicken 2017 H&B) so it shouldn't be an installation issue.
  • > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @[email protected]
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > If you are still experiencing this issue, I would start with uninstalling using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    >
    > Let us know how it goes!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

ok... an hour later, followed every step and still no luck
  • jimwin
    jimwin Member ✭✭
    Found a workaround. Make sure your Quicken window is NOT maximized. It can still be "full screen" but when you hover your mouse cursor above the upper right corner buttons, you should see minimize, maximize, and close, NOT minimize, restore, and close.

Now click on the 'View Summary' button at the top of your To Do bar. The "Remove completed items" link should reappear. If it does not, float your mouse cursor at the bottom of your To Do bar where the "Remove Completed items" text should be and it should appear. Hope this helps.
  • > @jimwin said:
    > Found a workaround. Make sure your Quicken window is NOT maximized. It can still be "full screen" but when you hover your mouse cursor above the upper right corner buttons, you should see minimize, maximize, and close, NOT minimize, restore, and close.
    >
    > Now click on the 'View Summary' button at the top of your To Do bar. The "Remove completed items" link should reappear. If it does not, float your mouse cursor at the bottom of your To Do bar where the "Remove Completed items" text should be and it should appear. Hope this helps.

this works for me... what an odd workaround... also, notice when i click on View Summary, window seems to always open in maximized full screen mode, then have to removed it from full screen etc... does not seem to remember the last window location and sizing... also, very sluggish
  • jimwin
    jimwin Member ✭✭
    @[email protected] , I found that you can have the Quicken window maximized and the workaround with clicking on the 'View Summary' button and the rest still works.

@Quicken_Tyka , can you confirm that this bug has been reported and will be addressed? Thank you.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's still a problem for me.  (QW Windows subscription)
  • jimwin
    jimwin Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka , @Quicken_Sarah

Any update on this? Still not working properly even after the last couple of program updates.

Again, "Remove completed items" does not appear at the bottom of the To Do sidebar until:

1. A Quicken popup window is open (and turns on Quicken's taskbar at the bottom of the main window), such as the One Step Update summary window.
    2. You move the mouse cursor over the area the "Remove completed items" link should be.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Re jimwin's observations (above):

The second of the two "until" work-around conditions works for me; the first does not.

I hope your observations give the developers some insight into the problem.
This discussion has been closed.