Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Enter Vs Pay?

Best Answer

Answers

• Robert Brown
    Robert Brown Member ✭✭
    I have been experimenting with linking reminders to an online bill. All my bills are currently set up on Autopay, so I do not need to send a payment ... I just need a reminder to enter the bill in my register. When I link a reminder to an online bill, inexplicably the default Action that displays in Bill & Income Reminders is "Pay" when it used to be "Enter". I want it to be "Enter" but I cannot figure out how to do that and I cannot understand why linking a reminder automatically changes it from an "Enter" transaction to a "Pay" transaction.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Robert Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Do you know if you have Quicken Bill Pay and/or Quicken Bill Manager set up?

If not, it's possible you may have the account set up for Direct Connect downloads with Direct Connect Bill Pay active as well.

You can check this by going to--
    1. Tools
    2. Account List
    3. Check the column titled Transaction Download 
    4. If any accounts say Direct Connect in that column, click Edit
    5. Online Services
    6. There will be 2 sections-- check the bottom section for Online bill payment 
    What does it show in that section (setup now or Direct Connect/any other specified bill pay service)?

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Robert Brown
    Robert Brown Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Anja,

It says the account "is set up for online Bill Pay."

Bob.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    @Robert Brown - There are two different bill reminders that can be shown in Bill Reminders.  One is the traditional Manual Reminder that we've always seen and it has the "Enter" button you are wanting to see.  The other is the Online Bill reminder and that is the one that has the "Pay" button. 
    There are two different ways to set up an Online Bill reminder.  One is to select that option when you initially set up the reminder.  The other is to link a traditional manual bill reminder already set up to an Online Biller.
    If you linked to an already established manual bill reminder you will probably see both the Online Bill reminder and the Manual Bill reminder in your reminders list...makes it really confusing to say the least.
    If you want to go back to the Manual Bill reminder to see that "Edit" button, this is what you want to do:
    1. Manual Bill Reminder (if you set up the Online Reminder by linking to the biller):  Edit this and all future instances.  Unlink it from the online bill.
    2. Online Billers:  Gear icon (top right of the reminders screen) > Manage Online billers.  In the popup that comes up will be all of the Online Billers you have set up.  Click on the Delete button for each one that you want to delete.
    3. Manual Bill Reminder (if you did not previously have one already set up):  Set up a new reminder for this.
    Once done, you will no longer have any Online Bill reminders showing up in your bill reminders.  (This will not affect your online bill pay setup...it just affects the reminders.)
    If you decide to keep the Online Bill reminder, once the latest statement has been downloaded into Quicken, it will give you the option to pay it or to mark it as paid instead of actually paying it.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.