Home Quicken for Mac Download, Add/Update Accounts (Mac)

Adding new Refi-Mortgage Account and Payoff old mortgage

I have a new Mortgage account that I opened in Quicken for Mac. I set it up manually as a mortgage loan account so that I could enter in the opening balance showing as a split transaction showing the payoff of the old loan, interest and closing costs separately. Everything looks fine when I do it but when I come back to it the next day all categories are changed to “adjustment” . Neither account is set up for transaction downloads. I have already deleted the new account and re-set up but it did it again today. I did hide the old account from the list view but not from reports. Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• tconnelltconnell Member ✭✭
    Update: I called in to Customer Service and it had to do with the QuickFill Rules. *Menu -Window-Payee&Rules-QuickFill Rules I had to delete the QuickFill Rule that was the Opening Balance -Adjustment Rule.
  • kinseattlekinseattle Member ✭✭
    This did not work for me. After I save and close the opening balance transaction, the category returns to adjustment
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @kinseattle

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, however, this is an older post and is less likely to get an answer.

I suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.