Print selection

in our address book, I have addresses/contacts for Customers and former Customers. I want to send statements just to the names in the Customers group. In the print dialogue, all contacts are printing unless I select "Selected" and then unselect each name that is no longer current. Takes a long time and hard to get right with 200 names in the "all" list. What am I missing - has to be a better way. Thank you !!!
Tagged:
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello @ljspublic

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To confirm I'm understanding correctly, do you have a "group" set up in the address book that contains customers?

If so, I would remove the former and outdated customers from the "group." Unfortunately, I do not see a way to do this in batches.

The customer will need to be edited and removed from the group one by one, however, moving forward this should allow for the printing of current customers without having to deselect former customers.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you need to send Statements to all customers, even those who have a $0.00 balance?
    Excluding those would whittle down the number of statements that need printing by a substantial amount.
  • ljspublic
    ljspublic Member ✭✭
    We do not send invoices; we send monthly statements to all current customers. The date range is from the beginning of the current year. Most of our customers are invoiced a fixed amount each month, e.g., $69.95, $44.95… But they don’t always pay the fixed amount. They may round up/down by $1 to $2. So the statement will catch that and the customer can see what’s happened month-to-month.
    For each address entry, one by one, I changed the group for a former customer from “Customer” to “Former Customers” I left the current subscribed customers in “Customers;” there are 75 current customers. In the address book view, the listed names are correct for each group; they don’t overlap. In the dialogue for printing statements, in the “Customers” section, if I choose “All,” statements will print for both Customers and Former Customers. This does not make sense. From a programming view, I note that the Customers group title is shown as <Customers> However, the Former Customers group title does not have the <>. I don’t see how to print statements for any special group – is it even possible? It’s almost as if the group feature was designed and then not fully implemented. A little exasperating….. Help… thank you