QWin Mobile app won't stop syncing

I have set up Quicken in the Cloud via the desktop app and it is syncing correctly. I can log onto Quicken for the web, and after a brief sync period, it's ready to go. I can add and edit transactions successfully, etc.

With the mobile app on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) I can log in, but the sync wheel/arrow never stops turning around (5, 10, 15 minutes, still going.) If I navigate to a given account, it will say there are no transactions, although it has the correct balances.

I've tried uninstalling the app completely, restarting my phone, and re-installing (which only takes seconds, which I find suspicious--is there something else I'm supposed to delete?)

I've also noticed, that if I attempt to enter a transaction, the syncing will actually stop, and the all the transactions now appear. But if I log out and log back in, the endless syncing happens again. What could be the problem?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Caroline W. Sherman

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is quite odd that you can't view on your phone. Have you taken a look at the article here with the step that goes over trouble syncing the mobile app? If you haven't I would take a look at the article and try the troubleshooting steps provided to see if we're able to get your phone app working.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Francisco,
    Thank you for this suggestion, but no luck. I followed the directions for "I'm having trouble syncing to the Quicken Mobile App". The only thing I did differently was that I was already logged out of the mobile app when I reset my data. Would that make a difference? After logging back in, the sync wheel is still spinning 6 minutes later. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Caroline
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Caroline W. Sherman

Thanks for trying the previous step. The next thing we can try is to clear the apps data and cache. I'll link an article here on how to do so. We'll want to clear both out and try again to see if we're able to get it to update properly. 

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-and-when-clear-app-cache-or-data-android

Try it out and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco
  • I tried deleting data and cache on my phone (while the app was closed and I was signed out.) Then I signed back in and attempted to view the data. Again, the balances updated, but the sync wheel continues to turn around and around. Note, I have other data files on my desktop that I sync to the cloud. I'm able to access them on my phone without this difficulty. Also note, Quicken on the Web works fine with this file. It's only on my phone that it syncs endlessly.

Here's my next plan:
    - delete the app entirely from my phone (it appears this also deletes the data and cache) and turn my phone off
    - reset the cloud data again and test in Quicken on the Web
    - reinstall the app and sign in again

This didn't work either. I'm inclined to turn off syncing to the cloud, and reintroduce each account one at a time, to see if that makes any difference.
  • Note: When I sync to the cloud, I do get the message about Scheduled Transactions that contain transfers from or to an account that does not yet support transactions on the cloud. Could this have any bearing on the problem?
  • I also ran Validate and Repair and got no errors. 4 qel records for transfers were removed, and 2 scheduled transactions were corrected.. No out-of-range security references were found.
    I tried signing out of the desktop app, as well as the cloud and my phone. Then I logged back in.
    None of these efforts yielded any positive result. The sync wheel for this data file on my phone will not stop going around.
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited May 2020
    @Caroline W. Sherman

Thank you for trying my previous step. Trying each account individually could be a good next step to see if we're able to get them to get it slowly working. When it comes to the scheduled transactions I don't believe they should be an issue.

Another idea I had is potentially is to check to see if our phone is on the latest version of android in this case. The article to check on that an be found below.  I would check this to see if we do potentially have one and if we do go ahead and update it. 

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439?hl=en

I would try those two things out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Quicken Francisco

• OK, I've just spent over an hour trying a bunch of different things, including removing all accounts and adding one back in. That didn't work. Eventually, after removing accounts, resetting cloud data, running both validate/repair and validate/repair for authorization, logging out and back in to the Quicken app on my PC, and removing the data set from my account, I thought I had gotten it to work. Then I added another account in, and it failed again. I tried to recreate what seemed to work, and was not successful. I thought it hinged on removing the data set from the account. I'm not clear what ORDER I should do the following in: removing accounts, syncing, resetting cloud data, logging in/out of Quicken desktop, validating/repairing/authorization, switching data files in order to remove the data set from my account, etc. It didn't help that towards the end of my testing, the bank I'm trying to add to Quicken Cloud "couldn't establish an internet connection" during One Step Update on Quicken Desktop.

Galaxy Samsung 8, Android ver 9, Kernel version 4.4.153-17214672 , last updated Feb 26th.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Caroline W. Sherman

Thank's for the info and trying out the troubleshooting steps provided. I want to try 1 test here to see if we're having the issue between the file or in the account. 

Could we create a new file so that we're able to try this test out. In the top right click file -> new. You can name the file test. When the option pops up for mobile and sync you'll want to say yes. The next screen will be the add account screen and you can choose what account you want to add to the test file. Go ahead and complete the account adding process and check on the mobile app if you're able to see the file. 

One more thing are you connecting to the internet via your phones hotspot or wifi? It's a small thing but could help us with troubleshooting a bit more.

Please try out the test file and let me know if you're able to get it to successfully sync.

Thanks

Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.