Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Zillow estimate feature missing in Quicken Home and Business Rental property

Quicken version is up to date. I have three properties in Quicken. They are set up correctly, show as homes and I am able to see the Zillow estimate tab. After a number of days, the houses are not listed as assets and the Zillow estimate is gone. I delete the asset, recreate, and the estimate feature is not visible again. In several days it disappears. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    the houses are not listed as assets
    What does this mean? What exactly changed in Quicken's presentation of the house accounts?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I believe that the Zillow option only appears in a "House" Account Type.
    SO, how are these properties getting changed to NOT be "House"?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • pasteve9999
    pasteve9999 Member ✭✭
    The properties were added as HOUSE. Every week I would right-click the name of the property and the Zillow estimate feature would be visible. I would click and see if there is any update in value. This AM I went in, the homes are not listed as homes but assets, and the Zillow feature is gone. This has occurred at least three times with me. I then go in, delete the house, and recreate it. Once I do that the Zillow estimate button is visible....for xxx number of days. It then will disappear and the home is not labeled as an asset.
  • NotACPA
    This MAY be a result of a corrupted Q data file.
    SO,
    1. Take a backup, just in case
    2. Do File, File Operations, Validate and Repair
    3. Check "Validate File" before clicking OK
  • pasteve9999
    pasteve9999 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion but it did not work. I honestly think this is a software error!
  • NotACPA
    IF it's a software issue ... why is this board not LIT UP with the same issue???
    It's a data issue, or a configuration issue, not software.
    Contact Q Support for further help: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• pasteve9999
    pasteve9999 Member ✭✭
    I spoke to customer support. They had me delete the home and re-enter i, as I have done on three occasions. The issue then resolves itself for xxx time and reoccurs. If you receive first-line customer support (chat) they seem to not be able to assist with this issue. They also had me do a repair and validate file with no change. Thank you for your response
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited May 2020
    NotACPA said:
    IF it's a software issue ... why is this board not LIT UP with the same issue???
    Maybe because it's not a widely-used feature. I don't see it as useful.
    • You can go to zillow.com and see the Zestimate in a few clicks.
    • The Zestimate is just a guess. A home's true value is what someone will pay for it. Including the Zestimate in your net worth is inaccurate.
    • I find it more worthwhile to use my house account to track my home's basis, which is a useful and true number.
    But what the heck. I have connected my properties to Zillow in a test copy of my file and will see whether they eventually lose their status as house accounts.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • pasteve9999
    pasteve9999 Member ✭✭
    Let me know how it works out. I know one can go into Zillow and update it manually. However, what is the point of this Quicken feature if it is not working. I will be curious to see if you get the same result as me. Sometimes it will take a week plus to reset and the feature disappears.
  • NotACPA
    It works PERFECTLY for me, in my copy of H&B.
    How is that possible if it's a software issue, as you keep claiming?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Let me know how it works out. I know one can go into Zillow and update it manually. However, what is the point of this Quicken feature if it is not working. I will be curious to see if you get the same result as me. Sometimes it will take a week plus to reset and the feature disappears.
    I'll let you know if I discover anything. Can you tell me what you think triggers the disconnect with Zillow? Is it just ordinary daily One Step Updates or something else?
  • pasteve9999
    pasteve9999 Member ✭✭
    Create the home in your system and wait for at least a week or two. The Zestimate disappears on my system. I am very savvy with computers, accounting software (Quickbooks, MAS90, Sage, etc) This is an error that has been repeated at least three times since I have been using Quicken.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but cannot.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @pasteve9999 I suggest try creating a new data file and see if the problem shows up with it.  Then at least you will know if it is connected to the data file or not.

For what is worth it is working fine in my data file and has for years.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pasteve9999
    pasteve9999 Member ✭✭
    Hi Chris-Thanks for responding. When I right-click on the property, then edit, the Zillow update feature, which is there when I create the account, disappears. However, I discovered if I open the account register the Zillow feature is present, so this works for me.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @pasteve9999 With that key sequence I can now reproduce this bug.  I have never bothered selecting Check for Updates in the Account details since always has worked for my in the account register (through a reminder).

And now that I check it, "Check for updated Zestimate" in the register is doing the same thing.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just went into the Account Details and turn it off, and selected OK, and then set it up again and it seems to be working again for me.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.