Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What does it mean? "To complete the upgrade you need to clear the tasks for the bills below."

There's a long thread elsewhere about how to handle some bug in Quicken related to this message. But I don't even know what the message means. What does "clear" mean here? What "tasks" is it referring to? And exactly what is "upgraded" by doing it?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jay Gourley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To resolve this error, please follow the error-specific troubleshooting steps as instructed in this support article.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭
    Hi, Anja.

I might be an exception. But you should consider not recommending that link to anyone again. I put it in the category I call, "We don't know that this won't work. So please waste time trying it." Luckily, in this case I only wasted an hour to an hour and a half.

If anyone has an idea and at least a semi-solid reason to believe that it will work. Please pass it along. As you can tell from this posting, I'm reluctant to try "ideas."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jay Gourley,

Thank you for your response and trying those steps.

First, if you don't mind, please allow me to clarify the reason for providing you with that particular link.

The article that I provided contains instructions with the first and (more-often-than-not) successful steps that our support agents would walk you through if you were to contact Quicken Support for assistance regarding this issue. If that fails (while working with support), then our support agents would contact our Tier 2 team to collect and review your log files in order to investigate and discover the root cause of the issue that you are experiencing. Depending on what they find will either result in further troubleshooting to get it corrected or it may require the issue to be escalated to higher channels.

Since this did fail when you attempted to follow those steps on your own-- at this point I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone instead so they can proceed with what will need to be done next.

If you decide to go this route, feel free to provide them with the same link I gave you as well, so they can be aware of the fact that you have already followed the proper guidelines before contacting them and to avoid repeating the same steps (unless otherwise necessary for log files to be refreshed). 

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.