Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Why doesn't Quicken offer support via email?

I have a few accounts which give the CC-501 'It's not your fault" error message when updating. The FAQ says to contact Quicken Customer Support. However, there seems to always be a 15-minute wait for either chat or phone support when I'm working on Quicken. I don't need an immediate answer, but I hate waiting for chat or a call-back. I suspect email support is a bit more cumbersome for Quicken, but the representative doesn't have to be fluent in spoken English, just has to know how to write in English.
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Banks/cards/brokerages/etc are giving you that CC-501?
    Also, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  AND, what's your Valid Thru date?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just as a note to the original question was stated by Quicken that the reason they don't use email for support is because it isn't effective.  There is too much need for a "conversation" for the kinds of problems Quicken users encounter.  With maybe the exception of "report a problem" and that is why there is such a menu item on the Help menu.  But note they will give you any feedback if you report a problem that way.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Nolan MadsonNolan Madson Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW, thanks. That will get me started to tell me if it is worth it to wait in line for chat or phone call.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501, CC-510 or CC-511 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

• Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community or any other methods to correct online banking errors. 

• Nolan MadsonNolan Madson Member ✭✭
    UKR, thanks. Good to know.
  • FlaSheridnFlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    edited May 28
    (Removed-Disruptive/Rant)
This discussion has been closed.