Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What happened to Bills, Income & Transfers?

After the last update, the Bills, Income &Transfers tab under BILLS & INCOME is now empty. I can still see all the reminders if I click on Manage Manual Bills and Income or Projected Balances. Is this a new "feature"?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If by the "last update" you mean switch from Quicken 2017 and below to Quicken Subscription, then yes it is a "new feature".  As in they revamped the bills tab to something "they" like better "modern look") than the old bills, income & transfers window.

Note you can do Ctrl+j to go directly to that window, or put it on your tool bar, and it is under the Tools menu too.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken 2020, Version R26.17. This happened after the last update. When I do Ctrl+J, I get the same window as if I clicked on Manager Manual Bills and Income button on the right hand side of the BILLS & INCOME tab. I'm talking about the Bills, Income & Transfers tab below BILLS & INCOME tab. The window below it is now blank. It used to be populated with list of bill reminders, etc.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Bills, Income &Transfers view, you should be able to see all bills if you have selected All bills in the view's pull-down menu.
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    I don't see a pull-down menu. Where is it located? The entire view is blank. Next to Bills, Income & Transfer, there is Projected Balances (view?), and then to the far right, there is a button labeled Manage Manual Bills and Income.
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    If I go into preferences::navigation and uncheck the combine Bills and Income box, the views get separated 2 views, Bills and Income & Transfer. The Income and Transfer view then displays properly, with all the expected income and transfers. But the Bills view is still blank.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric said:
    I don't see a pull-down menu. Where is it located? The entire view is blank. Next to Bills, Income & Transfer, there is Projected Balances (view?), and then to the far right, there is a button labeled Manage Manual Bills and Income.
    If you're not seeing the pull-down menus, I suggest you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch Update: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    Downloaded and installed. Now running R26.21. No difference. Still blank view and no pull-down menu.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric said:
    Downloaded and installed. Now running R26.21. No difference. Still blank view and no pull-down menu.
    If the expected menus appear in a new test file, the original data file may be corrupt.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    Validate file - no error. Copied file - works the same. Found new problem. Tried to ADD a new online bill. Search window shows no popular billers. Then, as soon as I entered 1 letter into the search box, it crashes....every time.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric said:
    Validate file - no error. Copied file - works the same. Found new problem. Tried to ADD a new online bill. Search window shows no popular billers. Then, as soon as I entered 1 letter into the search box, it crashes....every time.
    Did you try a using new data file to confirm the issue is specific to your data file?

Copy and Validate does not detect and repair all instances of data file corruption.  I suggest you determine if you have a good backup of the data file.

• Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    New file works just fine. Looking for a good backup file....
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭
    Going back to backup on 4/26 fixes the problem. It's going to take awhile to go through all the transactions...sigh....wish Quicken is better at data integrity.

Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.