Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bill Manager transition

When I do the transition from Bill Pay to Bill Manager will my payees and scheduled payments
be recognized or will it be necessary re-enter them in Bill Manager one by one?

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Bruce
    Paul Bruce Member ✭✭
    Anja, Are you saying that we will have to manually enter each bill each month to use bill manager???
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Paul Bruce,

Yes, for right now, sending payments will need to be done manually each month until the feature to schedule payments is implemented later this year.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Not being able to schedule payments makes Bill Manager essentially worthless.
  • Agreed.
  • JVZ
    JVZ Member
    when I open Quicken and go to Bill Manager sometimes my Check Payees are then and other times they are not
  • desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Even the new scheduling function is so restrictive as to be useless for me. I'm figuring out how to use my Schwab bill pay. Too bad that Quicken has taken so much functionality out of this useful tool.

> @desplin said:
    > Not being able to schedule payments makes Bill Manager essentially worthless.
  • It is so difficult to transition to to Bill Manager and the limitations on number of payments and scheduled payments makes it DOA. I am switching everything to my banks Bill Pay system since it works great, has no dumb restrictions (BTW, what happens when you reach 12 payments and try a 13th?) and can receive eBills automagically. Plus, I can schedule recurring payments and post date payments. Bill Manager is a horrible excuse for a piece of software and, as was always been the case with Intuit, they are in need of quality software engineers. Obviously it sucks to have to use two systems to manage my finances, but my bank's system (Capital One) seems like it could ultimately replace Quicken, which I have been using for 35+ years.
  • "Not being able to schedule payments makes Bill Manager essentially worthless."
    Agreed. I am a 20 year user, now looking for alternatives.
  • ken_atl
    ken_atl Member ✭✭
    > @David Somers said:
    > It is so difficult to transition to to Bill Manager and the limitations on number of payments and scheduled payments makes it DOA. I am switching everything to my banks Bill Pay system since it works great, has no dumb restrictions (BTW, what happens when you reach 12 payments and try a 13th?) and can receive eBills automagically. Plus, I can schedule recurring payments and post date payments. Bill Manager is a horrible excuse for a piece of software and, as was always been the case with Intuit, they are in need of quality software engineers. Obviously it sucks to have to use two systems to manage my finances, but my bank's system (Capital One) seems like it could ultimately replace Quicken, which I have been using for 35+ years.

Quicken is no longer associated with Intuit.
This discussion has been closed.